Sam Houston State (3/19/23)

CMJ

55 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

3130 is the attendance?  I thought it was a bigger crown than that.  That is pathetic number.  I think we could get by with 6k arena and not sell it out a lot.   These are quality teams we have had and the attendance is sad.  Win and they will come I have heard.  Well we are winning but the crowds are not showing up.

Most wins in school history if I'm not mistaken. The evidence that we need a smaller arena is there, people just don't want to accept it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

Most wins in school history if I'm not mistaken. The evidence that we need a smaller arena is there, people just don't want to accept it. 

Even if we had a 6K seat arena, that'd be a lousy number for this game.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, keith said:

Yeah, I don’t know what to say about that number.  No way it was almost 1,000 less than the last game.  Most of the lower bowl was shoulder to shoulder and then there were many seats occupied behind the buckets and even some in the middle sections of the upper deck.  It looked great on TV.  Maybe someone fat-fingered the keyboard.  

1 hour ago, Green Lantern said:

0% chance that’s a legit number for today.

I agree. I have been to many games where this number was much higher and it wasn't nearly as packed. By looks, this had to have been the highest attended game this season.

Even driving in, I haven't usually had to wait in traffic. That happened today. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

I agree. I have been to many games where this number was much higher and it wasn't nearly as packed. By looks, this had to have been the highest attended game this season.

Even driving in, I haven't usually had to wait in traffic. That happened today. 

I used to be in charge of getting the counts at games when I worked there back in the day. The crowd today was way more than 3,100 - Probably around 5,000 eyeballing it.

• Upvote 6

Anyone in attendance today knows there were prob 5k there. It was good atmosphere and probably the best of the season. Hard not to think about how great it could be in a 6700 seat arena. Super pit is soon to be as old as fouts was when we went across the highway. A new arena is coming, not sure how soon but I’ll be ready when it does 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

55 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Maybe the nit showed lower numbers so OSU could host the next game.  They are showing great attendance at their games for a big 12 school

I thought the number was way off but that what ESPN was showing anyway

OH yeah I want to continue winning.  Hope we can hang on to Grant.

In our quad of 8 schools on the NIT bracket, OSU was seeded 1, we were seeded 2, SAM was seeded 3, so that's why OSU is hosting us.  If Eastern Wash would have beat OSU then we would have hosted them in this game.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, ADLER said:

The Oklahoma State athletics department are being total dix about how they are allocating tickets. This is NOT a home game for them, they are hosting an NIT Tournament game. Their season ticket holders, alumni, and students should have no priority. Yet they are only offering tickets in the rafters.

^^^This - just called about tickets and they were being very rude about it!

48 minutes ago, ADLER said:

The Oklahoma State athletics department are being total dix about how they are allocating tickets. This is NOT a home game for them, they are hosting an NIT Tournament game. Their season ticket holders, alumni, and students should have no priority. Yet they are only offering tickets in the rafters.

We only sold two sections to Sam fans, so I think accommodating your fans/students/season ticket holders is common practice for the hosting school.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, northtexassigep said:

Anyone in attendance today knows there were prob 5k there. It was good atmosphere and probably the best of the season. Hard not to think about how great it could be in a 6700 seat arena. Super pit is soon to be as old as fouts was when we went across the highway. A new arena is coming, not sure how soon but I’ll be ready when it does 

I'm glad people are coming around to the idea. Just don't expect people to be happy about it, while unwilling to actually discuss their point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We attended both games and there were way more people on Sunday!  Can we not  disagree and have some kind of adjustment made?  Look at the pictures. What a crock!

GMG!

• Upvote 2