Jeff Wilson agrees to 2 year deal with Miami

jtm0097

• jtm0097 changed the title to Jeff Wilson agrees to 2 year deal with Miami

Entering his 7th season he has a career 4.5 YPC average and 18 touchdowns which is terrific. Every team besides the idiotic Cowboys recognizes that running backs are a dime a dozen so for him to get another contract entering his 7th season is pretty remarkable. 

He was one of the guys who stuck out to me as an obvious future NFL talent in his time here, pretty crazy he went undrafted.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Not sure, I read conflicting information. Either way, his bonuses and at home pay will be more relative to San Francisco. 

Not here nor there, but interesting via FloriaRealtors.org. California tax burden is nearly the same as Florida, whereas Texas is pretty damn high. 

California's combined local and state tax rate is 8.97%. That includes income, property, sales and other taxes. Florida’s combined rate is 8.21%. Texas' is 12.73%.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1

On 3/14/2023 at 6:49 PM, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Not here nor there, but interesting via FloriaRealtors.org. California tax burden is nearly the same as Florida, whereas Texas is pretty damn high. 

The numbers the floridarealtors.org should’ve used.

total-tax-burden-by-state-2022-state-and
https://taxfoundation.org/publications/state-local-tax-burden-rankings/

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

5ba95c9a-476e-4a59-927c-b0cabc006462_tex

I’m not trying to make some red state/blue state controversy because I flat out don’t care but their data is wrong. Texas has higher property tax rates without question but it isn’t high enough to offset California having an income tax. The sales tax rates are very similar.

2022-sales-taxes-including-2022-sales-ta
Property-taxes-by-state-compare-state-pr

2023-state-individual-income-tax-rates-2

Just like federal taxes, California state taxes can't be quoted with the marginal rate, since no one pays that. It's the effective rate that matters. 

When I lived out of state and i bought a new car, i didn't pay sales taxes, but in Texas I pay 6.25% if i remember correctly. That's a hard difference to compare, since maybe you're a person who never buys a new car, you ride your bike. However, I paid income taxes in that other state and a lower property tax. All in all, I definitely pay a higher tax rate here in Texas, though there's no income tax. It's not enough of a difference to really matter in the end though.

Agree, taxes are hard the compare, especially when it's just a shell game pulling from different sources, but ending up around the same amount in each state.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Just like federal taxes, California state taxes can't be quoted with the marginal rate, since no one pays that. It's the effective rate that matters. 

When I lived out of state and i bought a new car, i didn't pay sales taxes, but in Texas I pay 6.25% if i remember correctly. That's a hard difference to compare, since maybe you're a person who never buys a new car, you ride your bike. However, I paid income taxes in that other state and a lower property tax. All in all, I definitely pay a higher tax rate here in Texas, though there's no income tax. It's not enough of a difference to really matter in the end though.

Agree, taxes are hard the compare, especially when it's just a shell game pulling from different sources, but ending up around the same amount in each state.

You are right it is just a shell game really.  People in Texas like to brag but the property taxes here are some of the highest in the world.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

All in all, I definitely pay a higher tax rate here in Texas, though there's no income tax. It's not enough of a difference to really matter in the end though.

I agree, it is hard to compare with all of the different methods of taxation going on across the country. There are/have been proposals to end the property taxes in Texas but to stay revenue-neutral it would drive our sales tax rate to an absurd level.

Now, back to Jeff before we get this thread locked. Congrats Jeff! It doesn’t matter what state you live/work in, just keep making Mean Green Nation proud.

• Upvote 2