NCAA Bracket Challenge

UNTLifer

41 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Yes, I mean eliminated in the 1st round Memphis.

Yeah, that was a terrible draw for both Mem and FAU. It was almost as if the committee assumed/knew both squads would knock off any meddling "power" conference team in the 7 to 10 lines. So, in their minds, let's lock them into an 8/9 match-up vs each other so they can at least get rid of 1. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Doesn't feel like quite as crazy a day as yesterday, but some really good games nonetheless.  Also great to see FAU advance.  Dare I say they'll give Tennessee problems?  Especially if they play a little full court defense.

My 0.02: You do not want to get into a race, nor let them get quick TOs.  Playing these lengthy athletic SEC teams requires you to be especially disciplined.  Be tougher than they are, slow things down and you can aggravate the hell out of them.

I don't know about Tennessee specifically, but sometimes that level of athleticism gets easily frustrated when they do not get what they want.

8 minutes ago, greenminer said:

My 0.02: You do not want to get into a race, nor let them get quick TOs.  Playing these lengthy athletic SEC teams requires you to be especially disciplined.  Be tougher than they are, slow things down and you can aggravate the hell out of them.

I don't know about Tennessee specifically, but sometimes that level of athleticism gets easily frustrated when they do not get what they want.

Tennessee's style is actually bruising.  Plus their PG is out.

• Upvote 2

I mean, tough to look past Tennessee.  That said, I'd give the Owls a decent shot if they face KSU.  Should they make the regional final and play Michigan State, I'd give them less of a chance.  Izzo is unbelievable in the tournament with only one day to prepare (25-7).

Edited by CMJ

On 3/20/2023 at 12:26 PM, CMJ said:

I mean, tough to look past Tennessee.  That said, I'd give the owls a decent shot if they face KSU.  Should they make the regional final and play Michigan State, I'd give them less of a chance.  Izzo is unbelievable in the tournament with only one day to prepare (25-7).

I’m not a Michigan St. fan and not necessarily an Izzo fan, but if I’m in the tournament, I don’t want to see him on the other bench.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I’m not a Michigan St. fan and not necessarily an Izzo fan, but if I’m in the tournament, I don’t want to see him on the other bench.

At least not on Saturday or Sunday!  If you play MSU on Thursday or Friday you have a better shot (as KSU showed tonight).

• Upvote 1

Really love the tournament this year. I always root against Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky in that order, so seeing none of them make the second weekend was awesome. UCLA was probably the next team I would want eliminated.

I don't like Alabama in general but they haven't won it all before, so I guess that's fine. I don't hate UConn but they've also won in the last decade. Anyone else I'd be glad to see win it.

I am a little jealous of FAU's success, though.

5 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Maybe because they haven't been relevant since their last title in 2014. This is the first year they've been in the Sweet 16 since then.

I don't know, if UNC, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, or UCLA went a decade without a Sweet 16 -- I still think they'd get a lot of hate.  Connecticut always seems to fly under the radar, even when they were winning.

Indiana has been out of the championship mix long enough that I guess it makes sense their hate has evaporated.  Many don't even consider them a blue blood any more.