Alcorn State (3/15/23)

8 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

everybody should just settle down. I swear it's like half of you just forget everything about what this team is and comment passionately as opposed to practically. we're playing fine. Alcorn doesn't suck...and they've also hit a lot of iso-jump shots that likely won't keep falling. 

I would’ve been shocked if we didn’t come out a little flat. We play ugly. And sometimes we play really ugly. But yet, twenty six wins. We’ll be fine. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think it would feel a lot less crap if we were actually hitting the shots

I feel like we haven’t practiced offense at all the entire season outside of some set plays. Defense is the difference maker, but if we could just hit half the shots we miss we would be dominate. We should win by 30 plus. 

• Eye Roll 4

23 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

everybody should just settle down. I swear it's like half of you just forget everything about what this team is and comment passionately as opposed to practically. we're playing fine. Alcorn doesn't suck...and they've also hit a lot of iso-jump shots that likely won't keep falling. 

Good points. Just not a fan of waiting quite so long. Help an old guy and shoot with maybe 2-3 seconds 

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I feel like we haven’t practiced offense at all the entire season outside of some set plays. Defense is the difference maker, but if we could just hit half the shots we miss we would be dominate. We should win by 30 plus. 

I imagine we would be pretty good if we made 70% of our shots. Be historically good actually. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

6 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I need honest answers here. Is Sissoko passing Abou by, at least on the offensive end (offensive rebounds/putbacks)?

Sissoko looks quicker than Ousmane to me, and appears to be playing more aggressively of late.  I was really hoping that Ousmane would improve that little jump hook he shoots this year, but it looks pretty similar to last year's. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

18 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I need honest answers here. Is Sissoko passing Abou by, at least on the offensive end (offensive rebounds/putbacks)?

it strikes me as more of a match-up thing right now. Sissoko is clearly quicker, but isn't going to give you an offensive post-up presence like Abou. we seem to be going entirely away from post-entries and so Sissoko (plus Martinez and Scott) are running the show at the 4/5.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Censored by Laurie said:

it strikes me as more of a match-up thing right now. Sissoko is clearly quicker, but isn't going to give you an offensive post-up presence like Abou. we seem to be going entirely away from post-entries and so Sissoko (plus Martinez and Scott) are running the show at the 4/5.

Abou is just so dang inconsistent that it'd almost rather him not go for the hook shots and other. Get me some offensive boards and most importantly, hit the bunnies through contact. That's where Ousmane is really frustrating at times.

1 minute ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Sissoko’s hands when he catches the ball down low are not good. He only seems able to grab the board and go right back up with it.