Alcorn State (3/15/23)

everybody should just settle down. I swear it's like half of you just forget everything about what this team is and comment passionately as opposed to practically. we're playing fine. Alcorn doesn't suck...and they've also hit a lot of iso-jump shots that likely won't keep falling. 

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Censored by Laurie said:

everybody should just settle down. I swear it's like half of you just forget everything about what these team is and comment passionately as opposed to practically. we're playing fine. Alcorn doesn't suck...and they've also hit a lot of iso-jump shots that likely won't keep falling. 

I think the reason I'm so concerned is they have two of their best guys out and we're only up four right now.  If they were full strength and we were struggling to put distance on them, I'd understand a lot more.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I think the reason I'm so concerned is they have two of their best guys out and we're only up four right now.  If they were full strength and we were struggling to put distance on them, I'd understand a lot more.

sure...but how often do you see a short-handed team over-perform early only for actual talent to come to the fore-front late. it's cliche. 

we're playing fine. I just struggle with the "man, we should push more" or "shoot faster" comments, like you haven't watched what this team is for the last five years, 100+ wins. 

we have an identity as a program. to think it's just gonna change in game 32 because our opponent is down a few players is silly. 

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

We're playing flat partly because our crowd is sparse and quiet.  This is like a middle of the road c-usa team crowd, not a NIT crowd.

If you look at the numbers across the nation, attendance is pretty ugly for most teams hosting first-round NIT games.