NIT?

40 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The good thing is the higher seeds are easy road trips, but unfortunately a NIT quarterfinal against OSU would probably be on a Mon/Tues/Wed. Hopefully OSU gets knocked out before then and we've got a home game for a trip to Vegas.

Reason Ok State will not be hosting Wednesday...

They’ll be facing Youngstown State on Wednesday out on the road. OSU is the host school for the NCAA Wrestling Championships in Tulsa this week, so the athletic department didn’t put in a bid to host.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Reason Ok State will not be hosting Wednesday...

They’ll be facing Youngstown State on Wednesday out on the road. OSU is the host school for the NCAA Wrestling Championships in Tulsa this week, so the athletic department didn’t put in a bid to host.

Yet they were given a #1 seed... Sheesh.

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

How? Makes the entire process of the NIT and selection process of collegiate basketball more of a joke than it already has been.

What if, 3 hours after the ncaa selection Twitter just says, "Sike, we're taking Houstons 1 from them and giving it to UT" 

The process is already so bad I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to UH. I'm sure you follow enough bracketoligists to know the selection committee has the field set before all the conference finals are even set. Seeding is basically complete by Saturday minus the few AQs left to be earned Sunday which is easy to fit in since it's really just the Ivy league AQ that needs to be won.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

I am actually feeling a lot better about NIT. First, our bracket is totally beatable, then if we can win after that, there are some good teams in the NIT. We would potentially go through OSU and Villanova (if they make it out of their bracket). 

This could really give us a chance to earn some respect.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, wardly said:

It could be worse .An announcer last night got flustered and refered to TCU as " Froghornes."

Lol.  I graduated from North Texas State, so the name wasn’t insulting to me.  But for a professional sports announcer, getting paid to know school names, he was a bonehead. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, BigWillie said:

I am actually feeling a lot better about NIT. First, our bracket is totally beatable, then if we can win after that, there are some good teams in the NIT. We would potentially go through OSU and Villanova (if they make it out of their bracket). 

This could really give us a chance to earn some respect.

Nova is a first round underdog.  

53 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Nova is a first round underdog.  

I know. That's what's got me feeling better about it. Even though they aren't quite as good as previous years, how would a win like that help earn us talk?

Also, could be a little vindication from the big dance when they smoked us.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Are you guys absolutely sure that we have a #2 seeding, not a #3? 

Both of these are from the NCAA site, and they run the tournament. They've flipped all the #2s and #3s.

2023 NIT men's basketball field and pairings announced | NCAA.com

2023 NIT bracket, schedule, TV channels for the men's tournament | NCAA.com

OK, found sort of an explanation... we're #2 seed. North Texas in NIT . Hopefully it is correct, but nobody is talking about all these changes.

Edited by ADLER