NIT?

We're currently projected as a 2 seed according to the Barking Crow's NITology.  Here is their projected bracket for us.

Wisconsin Region

1. Wisconsin
Bradley*
4. Pittsburgh
Youngstown State*
3. New Mexico
Colorado
2. North Texas
Seton Hall

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CMJ said:

We're currently projected as a 2 seed according to the Barking Crow's NITology.  Here is their projected bracket for us.

Wisconsin Region

1. Wisconsin
Bradley*
4. Pittsburgh
Youngstown State*
3. New Mexico
Colorado
2. North Texas
Seton Hall

We’d host Seton Hall?  I’m in!

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Traitor? He went to Southeastern Oklahoma State for his bachelors and Oklahoma State for his masters. He came here for a paycheck. He left WVU for a bigger paycheck. What is so traitorous about that? Did you say the same about Johnny Jones or any of the many assistant football coaches that have left us for greener pastures over the last several years?

I'm not sure a traitor is the way to describe that ordeal. Before he left, I would say he let human-nature take over his job... he started taking the path of least resistance and it was glaringly obvious. I would stretch to even say he became lazy/incompetent or neglectful. You choose. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, CMJ said:

If it went to 64 there would still be some group that would start a post season tournament.  The NCAA can't ban them.

Those tournaments provide invaluable time for developing the team for the next season. It certainly worked for us.

Barring an awful season, we should go to one any year that we do not make the NCAA or NIT.

And, they're a lot of fun if we get to host games.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

I call it getting paidddd and moving up. 

If someone offered you a 400k raise, and a $$ conference and a chance to burnish your resume you take it. 

If people are stepping UP from UNT vs getting fired..... we're in good shape 

Sure. But I'm speaking on behalf of his last 8-12 months on the job. It was almost as if looking for his new job was his job. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Traitor? He went to Southeastern Oklahoma State for his bachelors and Oklahoma State for his masters. He came here for a paycheck. He left WVU for a bigger paycheck. What is so traitorous about that? Did you say the same about Johnny Jones or any of the many assistant football coaches that have left us for greener pastures over the last several years?

Yes? I am not a fan of any of the movement that occurs. Granted I also understand all coaches and ADs would have to come from somewhere. I wish it was more of a home grown system from within across the board. I mean it’s the same for people who leave jobs but they do that. I think it’s the new American way. Just not a fan even though I understand it happens I don’t have to support it. 

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, CMJ said:

Wisconsin Region

1. Wisconsin
Bradley*
4. Pittsburgh
Youngstown State*
3. New Mexico
Colorado
2. North Texas
Seton Hall

Barking Crow has been updated.  I don’t like the whole region as much, but the first two games are more palatable.

6F7CA43C-EDE3-4F75-B5BC-72F675FC2E78.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Do we think this year's team will be more motivated this time around compared to last's, who was obviously disappointed they didn't make the Big Dance and got lucky to make it to the second round?

Also, why the change in Final Four location to Vegas? I would think if I were a player, competing at Madison Square Garden would be a lot cooler than just another random arena in Vegas. Would be a nice homecoming for Abou, too.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Do we think this year's team will be more motivated this time around compared to last's, who was obviously disappointed they didn't make the Big Dance and got lucky to make it to the second round?

Also, why the change in Final Four location to Vegas? I would think if I were a player, competing at Madison Square Garden would be a lot cooler than just another random arena in Vegas. Would be a nice homecoming for Abou, too.

Las Vegas' Orleans Arena is hosting in 2023 and historic Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis in 2024.

"The NCAA had started to explore different locations for the NIT in March (2022), with sources telling ESPN that the decision was mutual between the NCAA and Madison Square Garden."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34389721/college-basketball-nit-moving-new-york-future-stops-las-vegas-indianapolis

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33581560/sources-nit-expected-play-semis-final-away-madison-square-garden-next-two-years

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1