If Grant takes the Texas Tech job…

54 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Only job that would be a slam dunk is Baylor. I also feel his type of BB may not be appealing to some of the larger programs. I hope he stays in time for the new arena! GMG

Unfortunately, Tech built their success on the foundation of defense first basketball. I don't think they'd have any issues with his style. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I really don't feel these "rumors" are anything more than Grant's ranking on Tech's target list. I'll be worried when I see UNT post "Thank You, Mac." on social media.

However, still can't take Coach for granted. Need to fill the Pit. Doesn't seem like much money/effort was put into marketing for football or basketball this year. I wonder how long Wren was looking at other jobs.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Random thought this morning:

If/when Grant were to take another job, I at least feel he's not the guy that would take his entire staff. I get the sense he would do everything in his power to help Ross Hodge be his replacement in Denton, that is assuming Ross doesn't get hired away by another school, too.

Yeah. I think if the carpet is pulled they're going to be looking out for self interests and that's OK given that circumstance if it were to happen. 

If Ross gets hired here to be the head man, great. If not, we will have a list to choose from. 

I really hope Darrin Horn is on that list. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If you want a good laugh go find the Texas Teach basketball Facebook page and read some of their opinions on Grant…. Can’t recruit, can’t get bigs, can’t win when it matters, mediocre coach in an average conference… some of their fans are just as nutty as some of ours 🤣

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If you want a good laugh go find the Texas Teach basketball Facebook page and read some of their opinions on Grant…. Can’t recruit, can’t get bigs, can’t win when it matters, mediocre coach in an average conference… some of their fans are just as nutty as some of ours 🤣

Good.  Wreck Tech!

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Good.  Wreck Tech!

For the most part yea, but they are probably my second favorite Texas team and former student/player giving them a run this year was hard to not cheer for them. I know it was not likely but would have liked to see them in the NIT.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Not to distract and I'm sure that this will bring the eye rolls, but the rumblings from people in the loop at Tech are getting louder. I have a friend who is right more than not when it comes to Tech and he says there has been discussions with Mac's agent at least and thinks that a win in stillwater will seal the deal.  Maybe "seal the deal" is a full court press by them to get him, and not a for sure thing he leaves. Just passing this along. I'm hoping it's wrong.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Not to distract and I'm sure that this will bring the eye rolls, but the rumblings from people in the loop at Tech are getting louder. I have a friend who is right more than not when it comes to Tech and he says there has been discussions with Mac's agent at least and thinks that a win in stillwater will seal the deal.  Maybe "seal the deal" is a full court press by them to get him, and not a for sure thing he leaves. Just passing this along. I'm hoping it's wrong.

Been hearing similar rumblings from smaller college coaches in West Texas.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

I often wonder if Grant thinks about what happened to Seth when he didn't leave for the bigger stage when he had the chance.  I do think Grant will keep winning at UNT but the AAC will be a tougher road.

Will it?  I don't think there is a huge gap between the AAC and CUSA especially with Houston on the way out.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Will it?  I don't think there is a huge gap between the AAC and CUSA especially with Houston on the way out.

I think the AAC will be a lot tighter, they will be gaining 5 programs that could all potentially be Quad-1 programs, and current schools like SMU and Wichita that will more then likely turn it around.  

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yep. They about sums up all their fans comments on him on the Facebook page. They called his style trash ball and wouldn’t draw a crowd in Lubbock. 

I say good…. Let’s keep him here. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2