If Grant takes the Texas Tech job…

4 minutes ago, TexHammer1983 said:

I think objectively, we all knew this day would come. But man, now that it appears to be upon us, it really, really sucks. 

After seeing how many Tech fans whine and complain about this on Twitter, it makes me hate it more and more. I knew it would be extremely unlikely he was a lifer (at least until BU opens) but seeing him go to a school where the fan base is absolutely delusional hurts my soul. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

The question is how much is Texas Tech gonna pay him?  Mark Adams made over 3 million a year there before being let go.

Shoot, Beard made $5 million his last season at Tech. We can’t compete with that kind of cash, just not realistic.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Well, we can let shitty and desolate Lubbock, Texas sweep in and take him away OR we can pay the man to be our Mark Few. 

This is a monumental Y in the road for not just our basketball program, but for our university. 

He could continue to be the greatest coach we’ve ever had or he could get stale like Seth Littrell did. Throwing more money than we have at him could end very badly for us if things take a turn for the worst.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The tweet only says he's emerged as the top target, which to me doesn't make me think there's been much conversation. I'll say it again, but I'll believe it when I see a "Thank You Grant" post from UNT's social accounts.

It isn’t a done deal just yet but all the smoke and innuendo seem to suggest it is true. Anybody with a connection to Tech has the same story, they are waiting for the end of our time in the NIT to grab Grant and take him to Lubbock.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

It isn’t a done deal just yet but all the smoke and innuendo seem to suggest it is true. Anybody with a connection to Tech has the same story, they are waiting for the end of our time in the NIT to grab Grant and take him to Lubbock.

How many overtimes would we have to play to extend the NIT far enough into the year for TTU to move on?

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Stuff like this annoys me. If you’re just aggregating another persons report, retweet or credit them. Don’t just say “multiple reports.”

He would have to credit GMG.com for most of his tweets.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4