If Grant takes the Texas Tech job…

I'd like a call to Kennesaw State head coach Amir Abdur-Rahim. Took a dumpster fire to ASUN regular season and conference champ in 4 years. They're currently 26-8 heading into the NCAA tournament after beating NET #40 Liberty today.

Not saying he'd be my guy but he would need to be considered.

Other programs he's coached at: Murray State, Charleston, Texas A&M, Georgia.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Why in the hell do we keep doing this DUMB crap??!

Every P5 job that opens up doesn’t deserve a “what if Mac leaves for_____” thread.  He has had P5 opportunities, and yet I saw him just yesterday on OUR sideline.  

Please Stop Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Kinda weird that the author of this tweet is a Texas State guy.  I get that he's a Dave Campbell staffer, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Why in the hell do we keep doing this DUMB crap??!

Every P5 job that opens up doesn’t deserve a “what if Mac leaves for_____” thread.  He has had P5 opportunities, and yet I saw him just yesterday on OUR sideline.  

Please Stop Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Honestly I think this is a good situation for NT here, with many options.

Getting Scott Cross would sure be a smart move with a decent ceiling and a absolutely surefire high floor (wherefore he is my favorite option). If WB were still the AD, then you could bet he would go with the proven D1 HC over the internal option. That said, promoting Ross Hodge could also be very promising, seeing as he has very much been central to the best part of MacCaslands teams (the defense), and one could at least imagine him doing actually even better than Mac. I could even live with Amir Abdur-Rahim, whom I think NT could absolutely get too, if for some reason one would not want/be able to get the former two.

In summary if Mac leaves this program will seem much more interesting to coaches than when he came, and NT has good options.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

53 minutes ago, untbowler said:

if they will suspend a Coach for reading a bible verse, no way they will bring Beard back.

Which Bible verse was it?  John 3:16?  Something from Genesis?  I can only assume the fact that it was a Bible verse, and not the audience and particular language, that was the issue, right?  

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Which Bible verse was it?  John 3:16?  Something from Genesis?  I can only assume the fact that it was a Bible verse, and not the audience and particular language, that was the issue, right?  

I wonder if Abbott will weigh in on Corey Williams getting the interim job as opposed to Steve Green. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

15 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

They didn't reference the exact verse but he was suspended for the verse being racially insensitive. 

This is from an ESPN article:

According to the school, Adams was encouraging a player to be more receptive to coaching and "referenced Bible verses about workers, teachers, parents, and slaves serving their masters." Adams apologized to the team after he found out the player was upset about the use of the Bible verse, a source told ESPN.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

They didn't reference the exact verse but he was suspended for the verse being racially insensitive. 

This is from an ESPN article:

According to the school, Adams was encouraging a player to be more receptive to coaching and "referenced Bible verses about workers, teachers, parents, and slaves serving their masters." Adams apologized to the team after he found out the player was upset about the use of the Bible verse, a source told ESPN.

They are looking for reasons to get rid of him.  Adams has already blown up on the AD and big time donors this year.  Add that to this year's record and it's almost a done deal he's gone.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1