New Ticket Pricing

MCMLXXX

These changes will occur annually, more so if our results have an uptick.  HUB Club is a first class experience and I enjoyed being up there.  That said, I drew a line on the cost years ago.  Maybe we'll revisit once we get the kids through college.  

But I'm still impressed that UNT gamedays are as affordable as you want to make it.  

Get tix in the tail, surprisingly a great view of the game.  Arrive early, park on campus, pack some drinks and food and walk around pregaming it up.  Hang out at the Alumni Center.  So while some prices go up, UNT does a fantastic job of still providing an affordable option.  For the life of me, I can't understand why more people in the area overlook going to our games given the cost is the same as a movie.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, GMG93 said:

These changes will occur annually, more so if our results have an uptick.  HUB Club is a first class experience and I enjoyed being up there.  That said, I drew a line on the cost years ago.  Maybe we'll revisit once we get the kids through college.  

But I'm still impressed that UNT gamedays are as affordable as you want to make it.  

Get tix in the tail, surprisingly a great view of the game.  Arrive early, park on campus, pack some drinks and food and walk around pregaming it up.  Hang out at the Alumni Center.  So while some prices go up, UNT does a fantastic job of still providing an affordable option.  For the life of me, I can't understand why more people in the area overlook going to our games given the cost is the same as a movie.

Agree and honestly, all you have to do is get someone to come out on a nice day and share some tailgating with them.  Once they experience the fun and see how reasonable it costs, it really sells itself.  In fact, I think they could benefit from offering a first time ticket package that is all inclusive.  Sort of a way to shake hands with a first time user and make sure they have a good time and know they are appreciated.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I have expected the ticket prices to go up.  Moving to a better conference requires more money.

Agreed - but it appears the HUB Club situation is pretty much the only messy element of this...and I'd call it quite messy.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Agreed - but it appears the HUB Club situation is pretty much the only messy element of this...and I'd call it quite messy.

I guess I am at a loss to figure out a better way for them to deal with the HUB piece of this.  If you are sitting on one please share as the AD reads this board daily like Vito does for story ideas etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I guess I am at a loss to figure out a better way for them to deal with the HUB piece of this.  If you are sitting on one please share as the AD reads this board daily like Vito does for story ideas etc.

I think the idea that was thrown out earlier on this thread of honoring commitments already made (and sold by the Athletic Department) regarding the seat licenses with at least some form of a discount, is a great place to start.  Those arent the kinds of donors/ticket holders that you want to drive away.  They've been investing thousands annually into this stadium and program with very little payoff for a long time.  Coach Morris and the conference move are wonderfully exciting things and I myself am continuing to up my contributions.  However, those who stepped up over the past 12 years and were told they were building equity in something they really weren't, all the while seeing a mediocre product, have a very valid gripe and I'd hate to see us lose them over something that can be controlled.  Grandfather them with discounts or other perks/credits. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

I think the idea that was thrown out earlier on this thread of honoring commitments already made (and sold by the Athletic Department) regarding the seat licenses with at least some form of a discount, is a great place to start.  Those arent the kinds of donors/ticket holders that you want to drive away.  They've been investing thousands annually into this stadium and program with very little payoff for a long time.  Coach Morris and the conference move are wonderfully exciting things and I myself am continuing to up my contributions.  However, those who stepped up over the past 12 years and were told they were building equity in something they really weren't, all the while seeing a mediocre product, have a very valid gripe and I'd hate to see us lose them over something that can be controlled.  Grandfather them with discounts or other perks/credits. 

Excellent post.  

Exciting times this off-season with a new coach and upcoming new conference requires likewise new marketing and sales efforts.  

Complex and confusing Club and ticket options need to be avoided.  Although a little late… Let some unattached guests proof-read the options.  Easy or difficult for them to understand?

The loss of any past ticket holder also must be examined as to causes.  Was it due to price increase, team performance, loss of benefits, parking issues, other? 

Happy customers make repeat customers. 

• Upvote 3

I just renewed with the 6 month payment plan. Regular seats are very affordable. We usually get there 2 hours early, walk around the tailgate area, rub elbows at the Alumni center, check out the apparel store, and find our seats. It’s usually a good time. Hope to catch one of you all’s tailgate area next season. GMG!

Edited by Glory to the Green
  • Upvote 5

To have season tickets at UT comparable to mine at UNT around the 30 yard line, I would pay $640 a seat plus a $2500 donation annually.  So, more than our exclusive club seating. Now I admit this is a bit of an apples and oranges situation, but it is still top level college football and a relative bargain. No one should be upset about these new prices for premium seating. Overall, this should lead to a full club.  I don't use my seats but might buy these now that I do not need to big seat license so my parents who often use my tickets can get out of the heat/rain.

Now, I can see how someone could be upset after paying off an expensive seat license only have have the prices go up dramatically and the AD should try to address that issue with those customers.  I think it depends on when you paid the license.  A recent donor who is almost paid off or recently did so (as described above) has a strong gripe! If someone paid it 12 years ago, there is less discrepancy in the pricing over that long of a period. 

EDIT:  I would also add that another apples to oranges comparison is discussing professional sports.  Although the donation is required for many levels of seating at UNT, it is still a donation to a student scholarship fund. Even the original stadium fund was to contribute to the AD budget, probably as part of debt repayment on the stadium (no info, just educated guess).  And all for our university and not some random billionaire or corporation. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 3/7/2023 at 8:50 PM, 97and03 said:

To have season tickets at UT comparable to mine at UNT around the 30 yard line, I would pay $640 a seat plus a $2500 donation annually.

I look forward to your reaction when they send you and email out of the blue saying that they will start charging you that price, since after all, it is the going rate for top rate football (ahem, like we have here at UNT). Especially when you look around and see a wide open plain of open seats. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I look forward to your reaction when they send you and email out of the blue saying that they will start charging you that price, since after all, it is the going rate for top rate football (ahem, like we have here at UNT). Especially when you look around and see a wide open plain of open seats. 

Does the AD have some type of ombudsman who could perhaps help in these types of situations?  It seems like you are a good and loyal fan and feel like they have not shown you the respect that is deserved.  I would wager that UNT would like to keep you happy and in the fold.  Simply put they don't want or need to lose good fans.  Especially ones who bring many other fans to events such as yourself.

• Haha 3

On 3/6/2023 at 12:16 PM, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

When my fellow hub club friends (and myself) can't make a game, we've all scrambled to get someone to to just USE the ticket.

Dear Mr. SteaminWillieBeamin & fellow Hub Club friends,

Hello. My name is Chris and it’s a real pleasure to meet you. Can we be friends?

With love,

Your Best Friend, C Rod

Edited by C Rod
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/1/2023 at 4:06 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

Of course they tell everyone to go buy/renew season tickets, but don't release any of the seats for sale. Classic UNT!

Regarding football, UNT will release seats available after 6/30, which is the drop dead renewal date for existing ticket holders. For a chance to possible get the best seats available we should probably contact the university on Monday, July 1st.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1