New Ticket Pricing

MCMLXXX

I thought someone would have posted this by now since I received it yesterday.

On July 1, the University of North Texas (UNT) will be an official member of the American Athletics Conference. This is a new chapter for the Mean Green and moments like this do not happen without supporters like yourself. Your commitment to our student-athletes and university is something we don't take for granted.

After months of research and discussion, UNT will implement a strategic approach regarding season tickets and premium seating. The adjustments will include:

New Per Seat Obligation Seating Model
Any individual who purchases season tickets for Football or Basketball (MBB and WBB) will be obligated to pay the per seat amount for each sport. In the past, patrons only had to pay the highest per seat obligation. All per seat obligation amounts go to the Mean Green Scholarship Fund (MGSF).

Elimination of the Stadium Fund Component
Starting this Football season, the stadium fund component will no longer be required for season tickets in the HUB Club area.

You're receiving this email because you currently have HUB Club seats. UNT has implemented a Loyalty Program for those who have been committed to UNT for several years. Below are the pricing packages for your seats of interest:
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimg03.en25.com%2FEloquaImages%2Fclients%2FPACntexas%2F%257Bf7ee3306-85af-453e-840a-ff7720d184a5%257D_HUB_Only_Loyalty_V2.PNG&t=1677696555&ymreqid=263153ae-7888-4dba-2f2c-5a000d017900&sig=h0XTjwbsQcAYFPIx5sljjQ--~D

Having paid the stadium fund for 6 Club Seats I am somewhat unhappy with the change.
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Pissed 1

Well, was considering getting season tix for BBall next year (for the first time ever).  Not gonna' happen now.

Regarding any possible price increases for FBall tix (despite all the excitement over the new coach), I hope this holds off until we we see some actual wins over teams with winning records first.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 8

40 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

They won't release any seats for sale until all of the old season ticket holders have had a chance to renew their seats.  As soon as the old season ticket holders have been contacted they will put all of the unclaimed seats on sale.  Until then, all of the seats without season ticket holders last year should be on sale.

There is hardly anything available right now. Like maybe a couple hundred seats. We did not sell that many season tickets last year lol

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 3
  • RV 1

Sounds like they are blocking off almost all seats until the renewal deadline. In mid May anyone who put down a deposit will have next pick. After that, season tickets will open up to the general public. 
I really don’t know why they put out the communication today. Should have waited until all seats were available in a few months, IMO. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Yes renewal in 104 was same as last year.  I’ve been interested in HUB especially now, but I understand being pissed if you’d owned prior HUB.  There should be some legacy benefits for those who have paid their dues over the years.  Still waiting to hear the latest on naming right impacts. 

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:
I thought someone would have posted this by now since I received it yesterday.

On July 1, the University of North Texas (UNT) will be an official member of the American Athletics Conference. This is a new chapter for the Mean Green and moments like this do not happen without supporters like yourself. Your commitment to our student-athletes and university is something we don't take for granted.

After months of research and discussion, UNT will implement a strategic approach regarding season tickets and premium seating. The adjustments will include:

New Per Seat Obligation Seating Model
Any individual who purchases season tickets for Football or Basketball (MBB and WBB) will be obligated to pay the per seat amount for each sport. In the past, patrons only had to pay the highest per seat obligation. All per seat obligation amounts go to the Mean Green Scholarship Fund (MGSF).

Elimination of the Stadium Fund Component
Starting this Football season, the stadium fund component will no longer be required for season tickets in the HUB Club area.

You're receiving this email because you currently have HUB Club seats. UNT has implemented a Loyalty Program for those who have been committed to UNT for several years. Below are the pricing packages for your seats of interest:
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimg03.en25.com%2FEloquaImages%2Fclients%2FPACntexas%2F%257Bf7ee3306-85af-453e-840a-ff7720d184a5%257D_HUB_Only_Loyalty_V2.PNG&t=1677696555&ymreqid=263153ae-7888-4dba-2f2c-5a000d017900&sig=h0XTjwbsQcAYFPIx5sljjQ--~D

Having paid the stadium fund for 6 Club Seats I am somewhat unhappy with the change.

It's a similar situation for premium seating for MBB/WBB next year and going forward.
%7B0912b1e4-b139-479e-b856-1d467f640fc2%7D_MBB_Premium_Snip.PNG

Before I renew in any sport I want to better understand how your total MGSF donation works alongside the minimum donation amounts. I understand they no longer take the highest minimum amount but if I were to pay $XXXX in football, do they correctly apply any extra above and beyond the seat minimum to other sports. Currently, the way the online ticket portal works, it does not.

• Upvote 2

I don't even understand what they mean by this email. If you buy football, you have to buy basketball too? Says there's not a stadium fund anymore - how does that affect anything? Is that a seat license? 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I don't even understand what they mean by this email. If you buy football, you have to buy basketball too? Says there's not a stadium fund anymore - how does that affect anything? Is that a seat license? 

Without going back and re-reading it, I think what they were saying is the required donation for each seat used to apply to both football and basketball - in other words, you only had to do 1x the donation for both your football and basketball seat.  Now you have to make the donation 2x.  It's not blanket donation anymore, but by sport. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a 56% increase in prices for people that have already paid the seat licenses. They are thinking short term with this move - when they can't even come close to filling the seats at any price. Shocking.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

29 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

This is a 56% increase in prices for people that have already paid the seat licenses. They are thinking short term with this move - when they can't even come close to filling the seats at any price. Shocking.

We’re moving up conferences. Of course we were going to adjust pricing to be more in line with our new conference mates.

Club seats still seem like a good deal for an FBS program, IMO. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

There is only so much money to go around, and this is a big hit. So....I'll be calling (insert generic charity of choice) tomorrow to let them know I am having to cut back on my donation this year.

That said, I would like some transparency about who gets into the HUB and how. Some games, it is packed for the 15 minutes or so I am up there. I seriously doubt everyone paid for their seat. And HUB attendance often doesn't correlate with regular attendance, or even weather, i.e. packed up there, light in the stands. But I won't have to doubt if NT will be transparent about it.

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 2

This should have happened years ago. Donations in Athletics should always be sport specific for ticket benefits. Why would you want a primarily football fan to snatch up basketball floor seats for just the ticket cost and then only go to a few games a year when you could get those tickets+donation in the hands of a basketball fan who will come to all the games?

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

18 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Agree, too confusing for existing fans and way too confusing for new fans.   

Simple pricing = attract new season ticket fans.

Confusing pricing = I'll do walkup.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On 3/2/2023 at 10:41 AM, UNTFan23 said:

It's a similar situation for premium seating for MBB/WBB next year and going forward.
%7B0912b1e4-b139-479e-b856-1d467f640fc2%7D_MBB_Premium_Snip.PNG

Before I renew in any sport I want to better understand how your total MGSF donation works alongside the minimum donation amounts. I understand they no longer take the highest minimum amount but if I were to pay $XXXX in football, do they correctly apply any extra above and beyond the seat minimum to other sports. Currently, the way the online ticket portal works, it does not.

I’d pay for them to remove the Loge before I paid to sit at it. 

• Upvote 1

I'm never a fan of gouging a loyal fan base for more money when our teams play in a football stadium 2/3 filled (at most) and a basketball facility that rarely touches 50% capacity. 

Again, this is why we need smaller facilities.* Environment gets far superior and demand goes up. Otherwise, just disgruntled fans paying more while sitting in an echo chamber asling yourself why do I do this. 

*if a new bball facility is built, it can only be 5k at maximum. 

* rip the wing out of the football stadium and put the big scoreboard there when they start renovating. 

• Downvote 10
  • Puking Eagle 2

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm never a fan of gouging a loyal fan base for more money when our teams play in a football stadium 2/3 filled (at most) and a basketball facility that rarely touches 50% capacity. 

Again, this is why we need smaller facilities.* Environment gets far superior and demand goes up. Otherwise, just disgruntled fans paying more while sitting in an echo chamber asling yourself why do I do this. 

*if a new bball facility is built, it can only be 5k at maximum. 

* rip the wing out of the football stadium and put the big scoreboard there when they start renovating. 

Normally, I'd agree with you.  But I think we now have administration, staff and alumni that are committed to building the programs up.  No need to build smaller or tear out the wing when you are moving into a bigger/better conference and are committed to building the programs up.

• Upvote 4