Big ‘23 UNT QB Room

meangreenfaninno

3 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

And yet, we had Aune for two years.

Yeah, keep Littrell as far from this program as possible. Unbelievable that we were subjected to that for years. If I was a QB in this room, I would be beyond excited. The QBs Morris has on his resume speak for themselves. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Don’t be ridiculous. 4 of the 5 quarterbacks in that photo who were of college age last year were brought here by Littrell. Our program’s all time leading passer was broiled here by Littrell. If Aune had never played a down here you’d be hyping up how he was a Gary Patterson recruit and would be great if given the chance. Littrell is gone and we will hopefully be better off but don’t dismiss the positive he brought to his program. He was far better at bringing in quality quarterbacks than his predecessor.

Indeed, we just never truly developed them which was the problem.  Old news though.  The future is bright with these guys. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Don’t be ridiculous. 4 of the 5 quarterbacks in that photo who were of college age last year were brought here by Littrell. Our program’s all time leading passer was brought here by Littrell. If Aune had never played a down here you’d be hyping up how he was a Gary Patterson recruit and would be great if given the chance. Littrell is gone and we will hopefully be better off but don’t dismiss the positive he brought to this program. He was far better at bringing in quality quarterbacks than his predecessor.

Lmao, and he started Aune over all of them. That negates everything you just mentioned. If he never played a down here, I wouldn’t give a shit who he was 🤣. I will never forgive him for subjecting me to multiple years of Austin Aune as our QB

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

So, when Wilson comes in the Fall we will have 7 QBs?   

That is a lot to try and give reps to everyone.

Jaxx Warren highlights...

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11870681/Jaxx-Warren

I would guess we end up with four scholarship QB and a couple walk-ons. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2023 at 12:23 PM, Cr1028 said:

Don’t be ridiculous. 4 of the 5 quarterbacks in that photo who were of college age last year were brought here by Littrell. Our program’s all time leading passer was brought here by Littrell. If Aune had never played a down here you’d be hyping up how he was a Gary Patterson recruit and would be great if given the chance. Littrell is gone and we will hopefully be better off but don’t dismiss the positive he brought to this program. He was far better at bringing in quality quarterbacks than his predecessor.

So Littrell could recruit QB's, just didn't know how to use them?

I admire a lot about Aune including his toughness and leadership, but he just was not IMO close to being a great QB.

Not sure that Littrell was any better bringing in QB's than McCarney.  

Littrell hit gold with Fine, but other than that no other QB has shown a lot.  McCarney did recruit Thompson I think, he turned out to be one of NT's better Qb's.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Littrell hit gold with Fine, but other than that no other QB has shown a lot.  McCarney did recruit Thompson I think, he turned out to be one of NT's better Qb's.

Nope, DT was a Dodge recruit.  Littrell's record at bringing in QB's, while not perfect, was miles ahead of Mac's.

• Upvote 7