New 2024 Offer---Nicolas Codie, PF, Carrollton Newman-Smith

SUMG

Recent (2/2/23) BallisLife profile: https://ballislife.com/breakout-star-2024-nic-codie/

“Coach (Percy) Johnson gives me a lot of freedom and I can impact games either on the wing or inside,” Codie said. “I enjoy playing on the wing more, being able to go off the dribble and score, but I also know when to go inside and get buckets, too. Coach Johnson having trust in me makes me play with confidence and do whatever I can to help my team win.”

Codie provides a formidable inside-out game and I can see further down the road of him being a multi-purpose wing that’ll bring versatility on both ends of the floor....

“These next couple months will be important for me; be big on how my recruitment goes. Want to help my team make a run in the playoffs and try to win an Adidas Championship (Playing with Southern Assault) this summer,” Codie said. “I need to be consistent with my play and just show how good I am.”

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 12:24 PM, Nicolas Codie said:

Hey thats me 

If this really is you, forgive us for not engaging you in conversation, etc...  I think most of us alums would shy away from anything that could be construed as illegal thus hurting our program that just won the NIT and is on its way up.  Best of luck with you decision.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

If this really is you, forgive us for not engaging you in conversation, etc...  I think most of us alums would shy away from anything that could be construed as illegal thus hurting our program that just won the NIT and is on its way up.  Best of luck with you decision.

You have to love the world of NIL. If we wanted to offer a player money to come and play its no issue, but if as a alumni we start a message board conversation with the player the NCAA would probably throw a fit. And heaven help use if we ran into a recruit and bought him a hamburger. 

• Upvote 1