@ Charlotte (2/23/2023)

greenminer

Who you got?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. UNT (23-5, 14-3) @ Charlotte (16-11, 7-9)

• Mean Green Eagles
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/24/2023 at 12:30 AM

8 minutes ago, Quoner said:

GAME THREAD SEASON STATS FOR PONDERING 

We are 16-3 in CMJ threads (or 15-4 if you allow Andrew to speak truth to power about Southern Nazarene.)

We are 4-2 in Greenminer threads.

We are 2-3 in UNTLifer threads (includes a few WBB)

We are a stealthy 2-0 in Big Z threads.

NT80 did one for Paul Quinn for some reason.

***I’m not cross checking for duplicate threads for the same game and only intend to do this once on my phone. It was an annoying 12 minutes of tabbing between browser and my notes app.***

I love you.

• Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ADLER said:

We're wearing black and people are wondering who's going to get upset? That's an easy answer, North Texas.

The Mean Green wear garbage bags and get upset by (7-9 CUSA) Charlotte 55-49. Didn't we just destroy these same guys 67-43 two weeks ago while we were wearing Green?

Here's another thought for everyone. North Texas has only lost three conference road games combined in the past two seasons. That's not many, but it's been enough to eliminate the Mean Green from consideration for an at-large bid to the NCAA tourney in both 2022 and 2023... All three times we lost the team was wearing the trash bags.

Can somebody send this to McCasland and the AD's office. They need to know this so we stop losing games.

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Wow...

So now what? Is there not another set?

Wait till next season seemed to be the plan.  I mean, our next two games are home games.  We would only need road jerseys in Frisco if we play FAU in the Final.  

Or if we make the NCAAs, since we'd be the designated Road team for our games there.

Edited by CMJ

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

Wait till next season seemed to be the plan.  I mean, our next two games are home games.  We would only need road jerseys in Frisco if we play FAU in the Final.  

Or if we make the NCAAs, since we'd be the designated Road team for our games there.

Don't know how to feel about that. I understand financially it doesn't make sense to get more without knowing if they'll be needed but it seems odd to just continue on with the season without a set of uniforms.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Don't know how to feel about that. I understand financially it doesn't make sense to get more without knowing if they'll be needed but it seems odd to just continue on with the season without a set of uniforms.

I guess there's always the hope that police find them!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Just finished watching the game.  Due to earlier commitments, I had to watch the replay.  What a waste of time.  Charlotte sucks.  They are led by two out of shape players in Khalifa and Patterson, yet we let them just abuse us down low.  Zero reasons why we should have lost this game.  This better be a reality check or the CUSA tournament will resemble last years.

What player would I want?  One that has the ability to create their own shot.  Freakin' Huntsberry needs to get really selfish and finish we he gets in the lane instead of pulling up and then getting stuck looking for someone to pass to. Our half court offense is so inconsistent that it drives me crazy.

Did I mention Charlotte sucks? We should have run them off the court.  What an ugly game.  Charlotte just doubled the ball off the high screen and we were too slow to get the pass to the screener rolling into the lane.  Rubin was like Jekyll and Hyde tonight.  We need to put together a full 40 minutes and get rid of these droughts.  So frustrating.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, diehardUNTfan said:

Crazy if true. 

"if true"

We're talking not being able to wear green uniforms, because the team couldn't find them, and Ruston PD shared video that the MGRN witnessed, and then relayed all of this over a radio/internet broadcast during an official NCAA men's basketball game, broadcast across DFW for anyone to hear.

On the safe-to-say-it's-true scale, we're somewhere below the signing of the U.S. Constitution, and well above a rumor whispered in the bathrooms behind Andrew's favorite basketball court.

• Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

The stolen unis: the broadcast mentioned that the Ruston police shared video of 2 suspects taking bags they believe had the unis, and that they have reason to believe it was an inside (hotel staff) job.

but that's about all they got.

Wild. Whats even more surprising is I thought it would just be easy for Nike to make new ones fairly easily. Unless this is all some elaborate rick roll and I'm just not getting it. 

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

The stolen unis: the broadcast mentioned that the Ruston police shared video of 2 suspects taking bags they believe had the unis, and that they have reason to believe it was an inside (hotel staff) job.

but that's about all they got.

Can you share the video? I haven't been able to find it on the social medias. Cleared my schedule for this weekend.

download(6).jpeg.ad3241b466b55839ddaf86b82c8a7118.jpeg

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • RV 1