Louisiana Tech (2/16/23)

CMJ

11 minutes ago, keith said:

One too many Crawfords.  If Ousmane could improve his touch around the basket, he’d be front and center in the discussion about the elite college bigs in the nation.  

If this game is any indication, it looks like he is improving his touch.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, keith said:

Better Bill and he’s had a really good game tonight, but still too many misses from 2 feet to be counted among the elite bigs IMHO. 

I know how you hate the term Mid-Major but I would contend that Abou is approaching an elite big in that arena.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNTBill said:

I know how you hate the term Mid-Major but I would contend that Abou is approaching an elite big in that arena.

He’s already that, I think.  He has the potential of being in the upper echelons. Free throws have improved (+++). Haven’t checked the numbers, but they seem better.  He makes a great move to get an open shot and it bangs hard off the backboard.  Fix that and he’ll be unstoppable.  

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

24 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Abou and Rubin playing up to their skill level has been the clear turning point of the season. In stride at the perfect time. 

That and I also think Huntsberry is really hitting his stride now. He's figured out where he fits on the floor, and what he can do that other can't. He has been driving so much to the lane and looking very good doing it. 

• Upvote 3