UAB (2/9/23)

CMJ

This game is so important....we have to not only win but really need to play well. Feels like UAB is coming in HOT. Seems like the results are "meh" if we win and disaster if we lose. I see we're 56 in NET now with UAB in the 70s.

If we win we're "supposed to" if we lose it could be disaster. Problem is the qualitative pieces of this matchup are outweighing the quantitative.

Need to go out and play really well tonight.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

This game is so important....we have to not only win but really need to play well. Feels like UAB is coming in HOT. Seems like the results are "meh" if we win and disaster if we lose. I see we're 56 in NET now with UAB in the 70s.

If we win we're "supposed to" if we lose it could be disaster. Problem is the qualitative pieces of this matchup are outweighing the quantitative.

Need to go out and play really well tonight.

Losing tonight won't be a disaster, disappointing, yes. We are playing for tournament seeding right now. If UAB finishes as the number 2 or 3 seed, the only advantage for us would be a lower seeded team in the first round. Not sure it makes that much difference. We will have the "home" court advantage. I agree that playing well, and staying healthy, is the most important thing. A win tonight could all but lock up the number 2 seed so there is something to play for. Go Mean Green!

19 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

Losing tonight won't be a disaster, disappointing, yes. We are playing for tournament seeding right now. If UAB finishes as the number 2 or 3 seed, the only advantage for us would be a lower seeded team in the first round. Not sure it makes that much difference. We will have the "home" court advantage. I agree that playing well, and staying healthy, is the most important thing. A win tonight could all but lock up the number 2 seed so there is something to play for. Go Mean Green!

This is it. It's all about seeding for the tournament. CUSA will only get 2 bids if FAU loses in the championship or doesn't make it.

This game essentially "counts as 2" because we win, we are up on UAB by 3 games with a pretty easy schedule left. If we lose, they close within 1. 

Bottom line...just win, baby, win!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Lost me here.

Evan Peters What GIF by Disney+

Their best player is back, they’re getting on a roll. Will want some pay back from a few weeks ago. They’re playing for seeding. All things I would call “qualitative” and things that will make tonight difficult. 

none of that is taken into account on the NET ratings (quantitative) etc which gives them a lower rating than they may have shown if you just look at what they’ve done since Jelly came back. 

Come on man!

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Their best player is back, they’re getting on a roll. Will want some pay back from a few weeks ago. They’re playing for seeding. All things I would call “qualitative” and things that will make tonight difficult. 

none of that is taken into account on the NET ratings (quantitative) etc which gives them a lower rating than they may have shown if you just look at what they’ve done since Jelly came back. 

Come on man!

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends 

So, in a nutshell, we have to beat the point thread to keep our NET?

(The Joey Gif made me laugh)