I’m going to say it first….

meanrob

1 minute ago, Glory to the Green said:

I love UNT, but that’s a big ask for the first game of the season with a new coaching staff.  It’d be fun, though.  I’ll be there. GMG!

I agree, big ask. I think we will be okay if we can be competitive. Just don't get blown out and fans will see that we are much improved and I think they will support that. A win on the other hand would be icing on the cake. I would just hope that if that happens, Morris can keep the guys from reading their own press clippings and keep them grounded.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, SlimSlamSlum said:

I'm too lazy to look it up, so would someone please tell me our record in first games with new coach over the years? Thank you.

The last UNT head football coach to win his first game was Mike Canales in his first interim role in 2010 at WKU, 33-6. When we started a season with a new head coach, Matt Simon was the last coach to win his first game - 1994 against Abilene Christian.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, untphd said:

They are replacing their QB with Jackson, a little used QB from the Horned Frogs. This game could be interesting.

The kid threw 5 passes last year with four of them being against Tarleton State. He played against OU with one attempt and completion and a sack. If he winds up being the starter and we can get at him that could certainly level the playing field.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, meanrob said:

If we can get a big crowd and get a win against Cal…..4-0 isn’t out of the question. 

Morris and Co. want to make a big splash, beat Cal. 

And if Mosley and Co. want to make a big splash, market the hell out of that game. 

And yes, we’ve got a bad record for situations like this but you gotta change the narrative sometime. GMG. 

Cal will have a big advantage because Bloesch knows all our personnel and plays.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, All About UNT said:

The kid threw 5 passes last year with four of them being against Tarleton State. He played against OU with one attempt and completion and a sack. If he winds up being the starter and we can get at him that could certainly level the playing field.

So he should be well rested. Noted. 😎

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, meanrob said:

And if Mosley and Co. want to make a big splash, market the hell out of that game. 

And yes, we’ve got a bad record for situations like this but you gotta change the narrative sometime. GMG. 

If they don’t market the ish out of the Cal game, they’ve severely messed up. New coach, new conference, winnable P5 in your house? Should be an all out blitz to get butts in seats. 

• Upvote 5