DRC: UNT finalizes assistant coach, support staff salaries

Brett Vito

2 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I was hoping every on field coaches would be above 200k... got close. Caponi is obviously being overpaid for a first time DC. 

I thought that as well. He must really be considered a young and bright defensive mind in a lot of coaching circles to command that salary.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Seems like PC is getting shafted

I agree with this. I get he got a tremendous raise with his new salary, but he is a proven coach at this level yet we are paying unproven coaches 25k more than him. I would have dropped one of these brand new guys who are unproven down to 175k and pushed PC to 200k.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3

1 minute ago, Venson said:

I agree with this. I get he got a tremendous raise with his new salary, but he is a proven coach at this level yet we are paying unproven coaches 25k more than him. I would have dropped one of these brand new guys who are unproven down to 175k and pushed PC to 200k.

How is he a proven coach?  He hasnt even really been a coach that long has he?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Seems like PC is getting shafted

It's not about the $ for Patrick. He has plenty in the bank, and my guess is that he will get another bump here under EM over the $200K / year mark. 

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

for 175,000 a year...I bet he is ok

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 1

On 2/3/2023 at 1:36 PM, Dannymacfan said:

How is he a proven coach?  He hasnt even really been a coach that long has he?

He has 5 years as a RB coach in HS at a power house (Denton Ryan) and 4 years of coaching at UNT and our running backs have been a strength of our team the whole time. To me, that's proven vs people such as Gary who has 1 year as a HS Assistant at North Crowley (not a powerhouse like Denton Ryan) and 2 years as a grad assistant or Kratch who has 5 years as a grad assistant and 5 years as assistant of player personnel. Maybe that was an agreement that he made with Morris so that Morris would keep him instead of firing him like most new HC do.

Edited by Venson
  • Upvote 2

On 2/3/2023 at 1:34 PM, Venson said:

The difference is PC is the only one that wants to be at this particular school. The others are looking for their best gig with no allegiance to this school. Morris obviously knows that PC would rather make $175k here than $225k in Waco or someplace.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1