Official GOMEANGREEN National Signing Day Thread

Brett Vito

Littrell's first year recruits were some of his best and they produced winning seasons.  I think both Littrell and Morris benefitted by the new optimism that coaching changes create.  

NT did a much better job this year of selling the class to the fan base.  However, if you really look at what our future competition in the AAC is doing, NT's class loses some of its luster.  

This is definitely a new era in recruiting with the impact of NIL and the transfer portal, so it is difficult to gauge.or rank classes either against the competition or prior NT recruiting. 

My view as I stated before on this forum, is that Morris did a great job considering the time he had and the fact that most ot the higher ranked recruits were already signed or committed elsewhere.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, SUMG said:

Tyler TV station does report on the Kollin Lewis signing. I think this kid is gonna be good....

https://www.ketk.com/sports/kollin-lewis-signs-to-play-football-at-unt-with-family-right-by-his-side/

Thank you JM. Hopefully we will get more from East Texas next recruiting season.

• Upvote 2

On 2/4/2023 at 6:50 PM, SUMG said:

Tyler TV station does report on the Kollin Lewis signing. I think this kid is gonna be good....

https://www.ketk.com/sports/kollin-lewis-signs-to-play-football-at-unt-with-family-right-by-his-side/

Great video. I'm excited for this guy

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2023 at 6:50 PM, SUMG said:

My concern is that I'm not sure that he has a position.  By that I mean does he play offense or defense?  He does well at either but if he had concentrated on one or the other he would improve that side of the ball.  I think that he'll be good but I don't think that he'll be a starter.  I hope that he proves me wrong.

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2023 at 5:35 PM, GrayEagle said:

My concern is that I'm not sure that he has a position.  By that I mean does he play offense or defense?  He does well at either but if he had concentrated on one or the other he would improve that side of the ball.  I think that he'll be good but I don't think that he'll be a starter.  I hope that he proves me wrong.

No idea on this kid’s potential position, but I think we have plenty of examples  of players being brought it for their athletic potential and then settling into a position later. LB Jeremy Phillips during the Dodge years came in as a QB. Same for his brother Jason at TCU, who played LB in the NFL. Brian Waters played both sides of the ball here and later was a Pro Bowler in a position he never played in college. For that matter, TCU built a powerhouse by bringing in speedy, athletic guys and finding the best fit for them later. On our current roster, Loronzo Thompson was brought in as a WR but is in the two-deep as a CB. 
I would also just add that not all 25 recruits will end up starting  and depth is important, so even if he never starts a game it won’t mean he didn’t contribute to the team. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I noticed that almost to a person the recruits give glory to God.  That gives them their high character.  I believe that factor speaks well for a recruit.  I'm not saying that it's impossible for a non-Christian to be a "saint" but they seem to feed off their environment to get that quality.  I like the spirit and togetherness of this recruiting class.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1