Breaking Jayven Anderson Commits to North Texas

El Paso Eagle

15 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

We are a quality school with a lot to offer.  Maybe our new coaching staff has finally found a way to communicate that.  

This times 1000!!   We finally have a staff that is not satisfied with taking what comes to us.  We finally are selling our strengths.  I will say Seth never complained pubically but he did not elevate our recruiting to be in line with our assets.  We have a LOT to sell at UNT.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

This times 1000!!   We finally have a staff that is not satisfied with taking what comes to us.  We finally are selling our strengths.  I will say Seth never complained pubically but he did not elevate our recruiting to be in line with our assets.  We have a LOT to sell at UNT.

I wasn't aware that Seth had pubic issues to complain about, maybe that explains his demeanor at times.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

We don’t need to think… He needs to break the 2 deep… when you’re as “highly ranked” as he is, he needs to come in and make an impact. 

This take needs to be addressed, as good as it is for the kid, the ratings really don't mean anything in terms of ability.  Just some predictions as to their success probability at the next level, and beyond.   Once he steps foot on campus no one in that LR will give 5 bags of dog**** what he was rated or who offered him out of HS.  They will be working to take the starting job, his job, or help the team compete to be in a position where they can win games.  

Don't get me wrong I am ecstatic that he is joining UNT and I believe he'll be a phenomenal safety for us.  Just don't want people assuming because he is highly rated means he automatically jumps in and has to contribute. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1