'23 LB Offer: Dylan Brown-Turner; South Oak Cliff: No Rating

UNTLifer

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Flips happen, but he used three of the biggest Bullshit words, "Respect my decision". Sorry, but for him or any other player player I hate it when they throw out that BS. 

No kidding.  Did he write "Respect my decision" when he committed to us?

• Eye Roll 1

26 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Not sure his spot was still avaliable once he took the FSU visit. Moore filled the LB position in the class when he committed this weekend. Don't think they planned on taking both. It was one or the other. 

That is what I thought happened yesterday when Moore committed. He also has a better frame to build on that should be the big MLB that the Iowa State system demands. 

My fear is that Starling and the DT from SOC follow him to FSU. That would be a gut punch.

Edited by UNT Family Man
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

I re-watched his highlight tape from this season. I think we will be fine with the addition of the 2 Moore LBs. Dietrich and Matthew both look quicker on film. I would have been happy if he stayed, but this is not the end of the world. Maybe he goes to Florida St and dominates. Or he ends up in the portal in 2 years and comes back to North Texas. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Flips happen, but he used three of the biggest Bullshit words, "Respect my decision". Sorry, but for him or any other player player I hate it when they throw out that BS. 

Go take a look at the hate some kids get when they decommit somewhere. Rarely happens when players decommit here (unless they read the board) but it does happen. Doesn’t really bother me 

9 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Go take a look at the hate some kids get when they decommit somewhere. Rarely happens when players decommit here (unless they read the board) but it does happen. Doesn’t really bother me 

Not bothered he flipped, I just think the "RMD" quote is BS when ANYONE is backing out of a commitment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, UNT Family Man said:

That is what I thought happened yesterday when Moore committed. He also has a better frame to build on that should be the big MLB that the Iowa State system demands. 

My fear is that Starling and the DT from SOC follow him to FSU. That would be a gut punch.

Was FSU looking at them?    I'm a little concerned that him NOT selecting NT would have a little impact but them following him, I wouldn't have considered.   

11 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

Was FSU looking at them?    I'm a little concerned that him NOT selecting NT would have a little impact but them following him, I wouldn't have considered.   

Seems like they would have gone for a visit if they were going to offer

• Lovely Take 1

FSU must also believe in his potential. It seems right now, unless the recruiting services change his rating (which is common when they looked like they were going to a G5 and then go to a P5) he will be one of their their lowest rated recruit.

247 has DT-B as a .8461 and this same player as a .8567

On3

image.png.44fa652a4a2b92236f475d40bcb17c4b.png

Edited by El Paso Eagle

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Not sure his spot was still avaliable once he took the FSU visit. Moore filled the LB position in the class when he committed this weekend. Don't think they planned on taking both. It was one or the other. 

Do you think the staff will be pulling offers from players regularly if they start taking visits elsewhere despite being committed to UNT? Or will that be case by case. I kind of like the idea of telling kids you're either with us or you're not. If you're still shopping, we'll move on from you.

28 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

Not to my knowledge but a concern. But I’m sure he would tell them about his friends if they are looking for those positions. I would think Starling, being higher rated, might cause a pause if CB is a need for them.

13 minutes ago, UNT Family Man said:

Not to my knowledge but a concern. But I’m sure he would tell them about his friends if they are looking for those positions. I would think Starling, being higher rated, might cause a pause if CB is a need for them.

FSU has 2 freshmen safeties, 2 freshmen corners, and a transfer corner all committed for the 2023 class. Hopefully they're done in the DB department.

Aside from their current commits, I think they're well aware of the SOC defense considering the recent state championships and recruiting one of the SOC LBs. If they haven't offered yet, I hope it indicates they're not after them.