Breaking: North Texas lands Ellison LB Matthew Moore

TheReal_jayD

• TheReal_jayD changed the title to Breaking: North Texas lands Ellison LB Matthew Moore

Awesome, I was impressed with his closing speed on plays. He's very athletic and should be a solid contributor in a few years for us. Honestly, I think this is one of the kids that is getting hurt by the transfer portal. OU, Texas Tech, and TCU were all showing interest. However, it seems these schools take on a lot of transfer kids. I bet if his high school had a better year, he would have had more offers. This staff is turning over rocks to find kids and I like it.

Offers:

Arkansas State, Midwestern State, Cisco College, Blinn, Kilgore JC, Southwestern, McPherson College and Texas Luthern.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Awesome, I was impressed with his closing speed on plays. He's very athletic and should be a solid contributor in a few years for us. Honestly, I think this is one of the kids that is getting hurt by the transfer portal. OU, Texas Tech, and TCU were all showing interest. However, it seems these schools take on a lot of transfer kids. I bet if his high school had a better year, he would have had more offers. This staff is turning over rocks to find kids and I like it.

Offers:

Arkansas State, Midwestern State, Cisco College, Blinn, Kilgore JC, Southwestern, McPherson College and Texas Luthern.

I'm very surprised of his offer list based off his personal stats and film. I hope grades is not an issue. Congrats to all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I'm very surprised of his offer list based off his personal stats and film. I hope grades is not an issue. Congrats to all.

https://www.kwtx.com/2023/01/04/classroom-champions-ellisons-matthew-moore/

He excels in the classroom, I'm very impressed. For some reason, his recruiting just took off late. His high school was 5-5 on the year and just missed the playoffs. I imagine that impacted his exposure. I think he will end up being a very good player for us.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

So will we be revisiting him in 2-3 when one of those mega programs comes to poach? 

Unfortunately, inflation and this crappy stock market has stopped me from buying a Delorean. I can't go 88 miles per hour and look forward to the future. 

Edited by jtm0097
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

So will we be revisiting him in 2-3 when one of those mega programs comes to poach? 

I can answer this. If he’s good and we’re 3-9 in the AAC he’s probably looking around. If we’re 9-3 and have created a good culture then he’s probably staying. 

Obviously different individuals make choices for different reasons but that’s the future. Also my guess is within two years some guidelines are put in place. 

But right now, the issues isn’t players leaving, it’s getting enough good players to win games. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Its possible the kid didn't attempt camps and have his name out there, I have no idea. The film and offers certainly don't add up. Looks like a stud

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Its possible the kid didn't attempt camps and have his name out there, I have no idea. The film and offers certainly don't add up. Looks like a stud

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

https://www.kwtx.com/2023/01/04/classroom-champions-ellisons-matthew-moore/

He excels in the classroom, I'm very impressed. For some reason, his recruiting just took off late. His high school was 5-5 on the year and just missed the playoffs. I imagine that impacted his exposure. I think he will end up being a very good player for us.

East Texas, Central Texas and West Texas you can still find some steals. DFW, Houston, SA and Austin no so much. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

East Texas, Central Texas and West Texas you can still find some steals. DFW, Houston, SA and Austin no so much. 

East Texas,  poorly funded schools so often overlooked but.. has STUDS! Very raw but athletes are they can be abundant

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 1