Rice (2/4/23)

CMJ

Total team win!  The more I watch this team, the more I wonder if Abou will ever get it on the defensive end? He hinders this team with stupid and selfish play.  If we had Feidler, we would be winning this conference by 5-6 games, and we’d have won that tourney in the Bahamas. 
Love the W…but Abou is going to break some hearts in more big games if he doesn’t get his head screwed on straight!  If Grant gets in the middle of him, hopefully it helps turn him into a better teammate on the floor!

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 3

9 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Yes I did.  Did you watch the game?

I did...and honestly didn't mean my question in my usual snarky way. more was making reference to how in flow the offense looked tonight and there were far fewer under 10 second iso/two-man situations which is often when TP gets a lot of his shots and points. he only took 7 shots last night...but he's such a defensive focal point for our opponents that others will have space and last night others stepped up...big night from Kai, Abou was solid and Rubin and Scott added big contributions.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, 2020 Sucks said:

Love the W…but Abou is going to break some hearts in more big games if he doesn’t get his head screwed on straight!  If Grant gets in the middle of him, hopefully it helps turn him into a better teammate on the floor!

This is not the typical pick-on-Abou night. I thought he was better but, more importantly, the jawing with Grant means he is passionate about being on the floor and helping this team win.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I have zero problem with this.  He scored when it was necessary and, more importantly, others were scoring so we weren’t Tylor dependent for our offense.  

This is really where Tylor thrives. Manage the game, step in when needed. This will really pay dividends in games that come down to the wire. A fresh Tylor is terrifying for opposing teams. 

• Upvote 2

The strategy seemed to be feed Abou and the guards try and drive the lane to draw fouls on the Mountain Man.  We did draw a lot of fouls in the second half to get to the line.  We need to keep rotating Sissoko in to keep Abou from foul trouble, plus gain him interior experience.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, BleedingGreen said:

Announcers saying Fiedler rocked the rim.  Ha !  Exaggerating big time 

If you listened to the announcers without a stat sheet, you’d have thought Fiedler put up 25-15-10 (at worst.)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Quoner said:

If you listened to the announcers without a stat sheet, you’d have thought Fiedler put up 25-15-10 (at worst.)

They were on his jock pretty hard last night. That said I gotta give the big fella credit for two sweet passes - that wrap around down low and the no look behind the back. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Monday morning and still waiting for @ADLER to explain how the guys pulled that win off despite wearing garbage bags.

Just because eating Tide Pods isn't lethal every time doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I understand that the Tide Pod people like the trash bags. I will keep cheering for the Mean GREEN, and the trash baggers can keep eating their Tide Pods.

Zoomer Tide Pods GIF - Zoomer Tide Pods Eating - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Just because eating Tide Pods isn't lethal every time doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I understand that the Tide Pod people like the trash bags. I will keep cheering for the Mean GREEN, and the trash baggers can keep eating their Tide Pods.

Zoomer Tide Pods GIF - Zoomer Tide Pods Eating - Discover & Share GIFs

I like the purple and orange color scheme, maybe we should try that for a game?

• Haha 2