Rice (2/4/23)

CMJ

Game: NT (18-5,9-3) @ Rice (15-6, 6-4)

When: Saturday, 2/4/23 @7PM Central

Channel: ESPN+

Line: TBD

NT lost 60-72 last time around in a game that they led at the half 31-28. One of the few times i can remember a turn just going pedal to the metal to end the game against us the last few years. Since that loss, NT has won their last three games against UAB, UTSA and UTEP, while Rice beat Charlotte and lost to UAB.

Rice plays La. Tech tonight at home starting at 6PM on ESPN+. La Tech beat Rice 88-82 in overtime on January 5th in Ruston. 

6 minutes ago, 2020 Sucks said:

Grant was looking forward to a full week of practice before this game to work in some new wrinkles and work out some of the kinks.  Does anyone know if they’ve been having practice with this shutdown from the ice storm?

I seriously doubt it as the entire campus is closed.  He could get in deep doo doo if he is because insurance won't cover anything non official.  I swear man UNT under Smatresk will take every possible weather day off they can for any reason! 

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Anyone found any better priced tickets than $18 GA? Looks like before gameday, GA is $15 online but the ticket fees add $2 each and you have to download a Ticketbastard extension for Rice tickets, similar to Dickies Arena.

Nope.  I'm planning on getting the Sec. 211, row A ones for $25 + fees (behind our bench).

1 hour ago, kj86 said:

Nope.  I'm planning on getting the Sec. 211, row A ones for $25 + fees (behind our bench).

I've never been to Tudor (Tooter) Fieldhouse, wonder how much their ushers care? I bought the cheapest GA tickets in Ruston last year, then ended up moving behind the bench with the rest of the UNT fans with ease.

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

I've never been to Tudor (Tooter) Fieldhouse, wonder how much their ushers care? I bought the cheapest GA tickets in Ruston last year, then ended up moving behind the bench with the rest of the UNT fans with ease.

We went there a couple of years ago.  I don't remember any seat Nazis.  You'll prob be ok.

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

I want to know where you got this from so I can see/read it too, please.

Dave interviewed him after the UTEP game and he was talking about the need to practice together and fix things that need fixing.  IIRC, Dave asked him about scoring and pace and Coach essentially alluded to needing some gym time to experiment or find players to refine roles.  I may have been reading into it, but that was my take.  You know coaches, they never show their real hand so you have to hear what they say and extrapolate!

9 minutes ago, 2020 Sucks said:

Dave interviewed him after the UTEP game and he was talking about the need to practice together and fix things that need fixing.  IIRC, Dave asked him about scoring and pace and Coach essentially alluded to needing some gym time to experiment or find players to refine roles.  I may have been reading into it, but that was my take.  You know coaches, they never show their real hand so you have to hear what they say and extrapolate!

This is the first break in the schedule they had in a while; probably needed.   The offense was getting stagnant at times in games recently so some reset and adjustments will be welcomed.