Visitor seating at the Coliseum

greenjoe

Why isn’t there a specific seating section for visiting fans at the Coliseum ?  There is on at Apogee and by and large, visiting fans sit there.  I’ve been told by visitors that they are told to “sit anywhere” when they come to Denton.  Now that’s bad on the ushers but why not coral them in their own section.  Where they can be controlled ?

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Pissed 1

It's pretty typical from my experience.  Very few schools have dedicated away sections in their basketball arenas.

Sometimes schools sell the two or three rows just behind their team's bench to the visitors, but that's about it.  I literally watched part of the Duke/GA Tech game today and there were folks in Blue scattered throughout Tech's arena.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Since Mac cam in the Ushers have been awful! They use to walk the isles and check seats not just to start the game but throughout. Now they do nothing. Visitors and students need to be forced into their sections and ushers need to be doing the job they are paid to do. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

46 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Since Mac cam in the Ushers have been awful! They use to walk the isles and check seats not just to start the game but throughout. Now they do nothing. Visitors and students need to be forced into their sections and ushers need to be doing the job they are paid to do. 

It’s not like Mac controls the ushers policies

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

It’s not like Mac controls the ushers policies

No. I’m just relating it to his tenure. Whatever changed right around then has made it worse. Idk if when we hired him we made a new hire in the AD or a chance in policy, but it started his first year. I just remember that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 3

7 hours ago, golfingomez said:

i feel like if you walk into a gym that's less than half full, you shouldn't have to look at the seat on your ticket. Pick a spot and enjoy the game. 

That being said, i would always respect a cordoned off space for the hi-falutin fans. 

If the seat Nazis are going to let the general admission buyers sit in the reserved seats, then it de-values the price of the reserved tickets, and why have seat Nazis?  

Solution (as you mentioned):  just rope off the reserved seat sections, as a visual, with a Nazi to check tickets for that area, and let the rest of the seating become first-come first-served general admission seating.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, NT80 said:

If the seat Nazis are going to let the general admission buyers sit in the reserved seats, then it de-values the price of the reserved tickets, and why have seat Nazis?  

Solution (as you mentioned):  just rope off the reserved seat sections, as a visual, with a Nazi to check tickets for that area, and let the rest of the seating become first-come first-served general admission seating.

This. Rope of sections what 103-109 and then let the rest be. People are always in our seats or then move right in front of you. Students especially…. They should be in the student section only. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Check the seats till about 20-30 minutes after the game starts.

After that  it should be a free for all.  I'd rather there be people sitting close to the action than rows of empty seats and a lot of people sitting in the upper sections.  Want to make people sit in General Admission?  Do a better job of showing up.

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/28/2023 at 7:03 PM, Andrew said:

The thing is, they have Been more involved this year and having more strict following through policies that haven’t been addressed until this past offseason. I’m not sure if you’ve been to a game this year 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The thing is, they have Been more involved this year and having more strict following through policies that haven’t been addressed until this past offseason. I’m not sure if you’ve been to a game this year 

I have been to a couple and always someone in our season ticket seats, but it’s been a weird year with weather and such. Had the same seats since the mid 90s probably and was only a real issue starting about 5 years ago maybe. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, kj86 said:

Dumb that they have made all lower bowl seats reserved.  If there was demand for all those north-end seats, fine.  But there's not.  Those need to go back to GA.

Then pay the price for lower bowl seating… it’s only like 20-25 bucks a seat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1