***GOMEANGREEN Official Visitor List for 1/27/2022**

TheReal_jayD

• TheReal_jayD changed the title to ***GOMEANGREEN Official Visitor List for 1/27/2022**
  • TheReal_jayD pinned and featured this topic
2 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Starling Anderson and Brown-Turner would be huge recruiting wins that we haven't seen from us in a long time.

Yeah, I think if we close out the class with these 3 guys, all played in state championship game this year and perhaps some last year. That’s a huge win. They know how to win and play positions of need for the team.

• Upvote 1

"recruit winners" approach is kinda lost on me after those first Todge signees never panned out.  I get the logic, though.  It just doesn't always work out like you think.

Some of these guys are used to so much winning in these TXHS powerhouses, they've never had to face adversity and learn how to react.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

44 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

2 of 3 would be a home run imo. If Brown-Turner does head to FSU I really really like Moore kids size and speed combo is rare. 

Is Moore a back up plan if brown-turner flips? I'm not sure how many spots are left but seems like we're pretty close to full

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

"recruit winners" approach is kinda lost on me after those first Todge signees never panned out.  I get the logic, though.  It just doesn't always work out like you think.

Some of these guys are used to so much winning in these TXHS powerhouses, they've never had to face adversity and learn how to react.

Right there with you, although I will take SOC winners over Southlake or Highland Park winners in a heartbeat. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Cooley said:

Within the past week, other offers to kids from SOC:

Brandon Jones, LB 2024

Kelvion Riggins, LB 2025

Jayden “JJ” Shelton, LB 2025

Trey Jackson, WR 2024

Ricky Evans, WR 2024

This staff has offered more talented sophomores than I remember us ever doing! 

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Cooley said:

Within the past week, other offers to kids from SOC:

Brandon Jones, LB 2024

Kelvion Riggins, LB 2025

Jayden “JJ” Shelton, LB 2025

Trey Jackson, WR 2024

Ricky Evans, WR 2024

What is the honest angle of offering some of these kids?  Let’s look at Kelvion Riggins for example.  He picks up P5 offers every other day.  And not P5- offers, P5++ offers.  And they offered first. 

Do we think we can recruit against Bama, OU, Mich, Georgia, etc?

Do we hope that we can in 2 years when they are ‘commitment ready’?

Are we doing so to get/keep our name out there with mega-programs? 

Would I take the kid or kids like him? Absolutely.  LFG. Just wonder what type of intent there is behind these types of offers.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

What is the honest angle of offering some of these kids?  Let’s look at Kelvion Riggins for example.  He picks up P5 offers every other day.  And not P5- offers, P5++ offers.  And they offered first. 

Do we think we can recruit against Bama, OU, Mich, Georgia, etc?

Do we hope that we can in 2 years when they are ‘commitment ready’?

Are we doing so to get/keep our name out there with mega-programs? 

Would I take the kid or kids like him? Absolutely.  LFG. Just wonder what type of intent there is behind these types of offers.  

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take