DRC: UNT's latest NCAA financial report paints positive picture as school prepares to jump to American

Brett Vito

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

How much of that can we swing to proper marketing and in-game entertainment efforts for football and basketball?

I agree we need better in-game entertainment, but I'd like to believe most fans are there mainly to support the sports teams.   We need to spend all available extra marketing $$ on getting more people to be aware of and attend games.  Then hopefully the on field or court product will make them want to come back more than just the entertainment offerings.

This brings up some interesting marketing survey questions, like who is attending UNT games and what motivates them to come?   Is it school support, player support, joining a diehard spouse, no attachment to UNT just want to see a live event, etc?

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 1/27/2023 at 2:29 PM, letsgiveacheer said:

I don't see any positive news in this report. Only 1.3 million in earned revenues and 2.4 million in other contributions? 

The article stats that UNT reports the contributions in the year the money is spent.  So any money given for the athletic center expansion won't be reported until that is done.  So there could be a lot of money given in 2022 that will be reported in 2023 or 2024.  That said, I would still like to see that number higher. 

• Upvote 2