D'Andre Payne - Defensive Analyst

El Paso Eagle

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Did NT football discover a gold mine?  Seems to be spending money like never before. 

Should improve football, but I hope they are not going to hurt funding for other sports like softball and basketball. 

I hear they're selling Bruce Hall and the Super Pit to pay for all of this. Hope the kids don't mind 3 to a dorm and parking lot graduations.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I hear they're selling Bruce Hall and the Super Pit to pay for all of this. Hope the kids don't mind 3 to a dorm and parking lot graduations.

They could use a dorm just for the football support staff. 

Not complaining, just amazed at the size and pace of the changes being made. 

• Upvote 2

I am wondering how UNT came up with the money to triple or quadruple their football staff.  I am certainly not complaining though and this probably should have been done a long time ago,  I just don't get why they waited so long to do it.  It is almost like they were paying Litrell too much and everyone else too little.  Happy about the changes.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, cousin oliver said:

I am wondering how UNT came up with the money to triple or quadruple their football staff.  I am certainly not complaining though and this probably should have been done a long time ago,  I just don't get why they waited so long to do it.  It is almost like they were paying Litrell too much and everyone else too little.  Happy about the changes.

Are you trolling? This has been mentioned several times.

Seth-1.9 Mil a year

Eric-1.2 Mil a year

$700,000 surplus 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Head coach is about 500k less annually, right? These analysts and staff positions don’t pay a ton. Many are basically entry level, so you might be able to bring in up to 10 people for that money. 

A lot of time it is closer to the 20-30 range sometimes less so may be able to bring in even more if that is the number they go with.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

Don't we still have to pay SL something?

I think we owe him 1 years salary. However, it is offset by the salary he takes elsewhere. For instance, if he took an assistant job making 300k, the buyout would reduce to 1.6 million. I also think the salary pool for the assistants were higher than the last staff. I don't know those numbers, but Morris taking a smaller base salary helped out.

Edited by jtm0097

25 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

Don't we still have to pay SL something?

North Texas owes Seth the $1.35 million base salary for 2023. His total post-termination compensation was $1.6 million, but that includes the last two months of 2022's contract plus the bonuses and incentives he was owed.

The former head coach of UNT's football team had one year remaining on his deal following this season with a base salary of $1.35 million. UNT owes Littrell the remainder of that base salary, to be paid on a monthly basis. The contract runs through Jan. 31, 2024

• Thanks 2