Breaking: North Texas lands commitment from Shadow Creek Cornerback Brian Nelson

TheReal_jayD

This is a win. He had 27 offers and we beat several G5 schools for his services. 7 INTs on the season. Great addition to the defense!

Offers:

Akron, Coastal Carolina, Miami (OH), New Mexico, New Mexico St, North Texas, Old Dominion, Texas St, ACU, Air Force, Navy and 16 FCS offers (Yes 16, I am not going to list them all).

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Brian-Nelson-155044/RecruitInterests/

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

38 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

This is a win. He had 27 offers and we beat several G5 schools for his services. 7 INTs on the season. Great addition to the defense!

Offers:

Akron, Coastal Carolina, Miami (OH), New Mexico, New Mexico St, North Texas, Old Dominion, Texas St, ACU, Air Force, Navy and 16 FCS offers (Yes 16, I am not going to list them all).

Absolute win. This staff is on fire. I'm so confident with these guys, feels like we're more likely to get the commit than not. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Offers:

Guess I have to ask what makes a guy with no rating such a big win? And its not like we beat out a lot of top G5 programs...

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Guess I have to ask what makes a guy with no rating such a big win? And its not like we beat out a lot of top G5 programs...

Coastal Carolina has been pretty good the last couple years. 31 wins in 3 years. Probably would've beaten us in any of those years.

And the no rating thing is perplexing. Kid has a buttload of G5 offers and comes from a talent rich area, you'd think he'd have one.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Go watch his tape. He's a ball hawk. Not sure why 247 doesn't have him ranked. They have been sucking this year.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Go watch his tape. He's a ball hawk. Not sure why 247 doesn't have him ranked. They have been sucking this year.

To busy with portal. Recruiting service as well as college recruiting are missing out on a lot of talented kids these days. Fcs and lower G5 are getting some steals. For every p5 portal addition there is one more p5 level hs kid available 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Coastal Carolina has been pretty good the last couple years. 31 wins in 3 years. Probably would've beaten us in any of those years.

And the no rating thing is perplexing. Kid has a buttload of G5 offers and comes from a talent rich area, you'd think he'd have one.

They also just lost their coach who was responsible for that great run and are in a lower conference than us now. 

This kid may end up being great signing. I just don't see what makes him such an amazing get right now when he has no ranking and only has low level G5 and FCS offers. I'll just hope our coaches see something that UTSA, SMU, Rice, Tulane, Tulsa, etc. don't.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Watching a highlight tape isn't going to tell you everything. Anyone can make themselves look great cherry picking their best moments. 

Every prospect makes a highlight tape. 27 schools offered him. He had 7 interceptions in 12 games against 6A schools. I can't explain why certain ones did and didn't offer him. It does appear that he was kind of a late bloomer from his junior year until now. Coaches get paid money to watch his full game tapes. I get paid to fill out excel spreadsheets, lead meetings, and post random things on college football message boards lol. 

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

• TheReal_jayD changed the title to Breaking: North Texas lands commitment from Shadow Creek Cornerback Brian Nelson
1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Anyone can make themselves look great cherry picking their best moments. 

For example, below is my highlight reel from this past year after I cherry picked my best moments.  Please note that this video can not be rebroadcast or sold without my written consent.

Here you go:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

For example, below is my highlight reel from this past year after I cherry picked my best moments.  Please note that this video can not be rebroadcast or sold without my written consent.

Here you go:

Thanks for the consent, that looks just like mine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Here you go:

On the positive side, no blown coverages to see 😇

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

To busy with portal. Recruiting service as well as college recruiting are missing out on a lot of talented kids these days. Fcs and lower G5 are getting some steals. For every p5 portal addition there is one more p5 level hs kid available 

I think a lot of people are underestimating how much talent is ending up at FCS schools.

• Upvote 1