Music - Team Introduction and More

Was thinking about some of the game's best traditions involve some kind of sound track.  VaTech's Enter The Sandman.  Jump Around @ Wisconsin.

What kind of music is your ideal Mean Green soundtrack? This could be for anything.  Team entrances and/or fan engagement.

I have always loved classic rock.  Even the most cliche ACDC works for me.

What are some of your favs? YouTube links encouraged!

• Upvote 3

Well, I'm not sure about the music, but I have already suggested that the "NORTH TEXAS" crowd chant is perfect for the anticipated entry of the Team. OR, alternate "NORTH TEXAS" with "MEAN GREEN" for the crowd as the noise is building up in anticipation of the entry of the team.

Since greenminer is fond of classic rock. Maybe this.....

but louder and more up-tempo.

Or a more up-tempo version of this.....

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Cowboys from Hell would be pretty cool but with Pantera’s PR problem right now probably not a good idea.

I’ve always liked Saliva’s “Welcome to the Show”. I think it could be a pretty cool entrance if we shot boomer and maybe some fireworks as the players entered around the 55 second mark.

Another idea if we wanted to get away from rock music would be if we could get Lil John to allow us the right to use “Put yo hood up” with adjusted lyrics. In the beginning of the song it could be rewritten to name the DFW high schools where a majority of or our star players came from. We would need to write out a lot of drinking, smoking, and cussing but if done well this could really pop off with our new staff and DFW recruits. 

I think it would be even better if we could get our former star linebacker Tobe Nwigwe to write something similar to the above (meaning representing for your home and listing several DFW towns or neighborhoods that mean alot to our players/recruits), not necessarily following the LJ song) and lyricize it.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I think Cowboys from Hell would be pretty cool but with Pantera’s PR problem right now probably not a good idea.

I’ve always liked Saliva’s “Welcome to the Show”. I think it could be a pretty cool entrance if we shot boomer and maybe some fireworks as the players entered around the 55 second mark.

Another idea if we wanted to get away from rock music would be if we could get Lil John to allow us the right to use “Put yo hood up” with adjusted lyrics. In the beginning of the song it could be rewritten to name the DFW high schools where a majority of or our star players came from. We would need to write out a lot of drinking, smoking, and cussing but if done well this could really pop off with our new staff and DFW recruits. 

I think it would be even better if we could get our former star linebacker Tobe Nwigwe to write something similar to the above (meaning representing for your home and listing several DFW towns or neighborhoods that mean alot to our players/recruits), not necessarily following the LJ song) and lyricize it.

NT would be wise to stay partner'd up with Tobe.   He's an original, flying in the face of the current hip-hop scene.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

This could be arranged and be very cool.

I still love Thunderstruck or could go for Welcome to the Jungle.

• Upvote 2

You know the thread is good when a majority of these songs are on my workout playlist. 

23 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen goes hard as hell and is one heck of an entrance song knowing you're about to witness a spectacle. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

NT would be wise to stay partner'd up with Tobe.   He's an original, flying in the face of the current hip-hop scene.

Yeah, Tobe is one of the biggest things going right now. Last two works are amazing. If he could give something with a similar vibe/energy to Fye Fye, I think it'd be a hit.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MGAnCap said:

Yuh genuinely made this user feel embarrassed, as this user watches Dallas Stars games, preferably the Bally Sports Southwest stream if possible, and this user, who thinks their hearing is impeccable and certainly the best in the family and one of this user's best qualities, thought that the fans chant 'GO...STARS!' four times after each goal, and this is the first time hearing that it was Pantera who made a custom song for the team and the correct lyrics are 'DALLAS....STARS!' being repeated four times!

'Do'h!'

Or....is it, indeed, now 'GO....STARS', and no longer 'DALLAS....STARS' and this user was correct the first time? The older logo makes it appear there's a chance the license is no longer available or it's been tweaked since then, is that true?

Anyways....this user just saw this thread and thanks the OP for making it as this user had an idea:

Why not contracting with a more local artist, like that one chick who went here and was mentioned during a basketball game) to come up with something, or license one of their songs to use in addition to the 'fight song'. It doesn't have to be an either-or scenario here, this user respects the tradition and the 'MF'n' song, but is also open to having something more to add to the presentation that could be a new tradition to add to, say,coming college football video games (as this user posted about here:

Would be remiss if 'EricJuly' didn't have his name thrown in the conversation, as 'Backwordz' has some amazing tracks out there and this fan recommends their playlists and checking out their other songs not in a given playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/@BackWordzMusic/playlists (try starting with 'Veracity' and then 'Rap Circle' and then the 'singles' section to cap it off)

Plumm?  Is this you?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1