DRC: Quinn Shanbour came to UNT as an largely unknown walk-on. He's leaving 10 years later having made an impact during a unique journey

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: This week's UNT newsletter has hit subscribers' email and features Quinn Shanbour's thoughts on his 10-year journey with the Mean Green
  • Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: Quinn Shanbour came to UNT as an largely unknown walk-on. He's leaving 10 years later having made an impact during a unique journey

Hmmm, Orthopedic surgeon or Coach. Looks like he was going to work on athletes/football players one way or another.

I have chatted with his grandfather, who was a coach, and his uncle who is a Lawyer. I believe his father is a pediatrician.

The FAU game was certainly a great game for him, but the Iowa game was a close second. Fine went into the locker room right before half with some sort of injury, and Q took the team in for a TD right before halftime.....with a pass not a run.

Q was always taking care of business. I remember being at a practice when Canales was still coaching at NT. Coach "C" was jogging around, stopping here or there, to politic with one person or another. And there was Q showing the big (and very inept) QB candidate from Longview Pine Tree how to stand in the pocket.

Good luck Q. Don't stay too long out there. The successful coaches keep moving.........up.

• Upvote 1