Breaking: 3 Commits this weekend for North Texas

TheReal_jayD

38 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I'm happy about these additions, but I'd love to see some P5 level DT's and DE's. Games are won and lost in the trenches. 

I’d say Rod Brown, Enoch Jackson, and the newest commit Moore have got you covered. Trieb would also like a word.
But yes, having a rotation available would be ideal. I’m curious how Rausaw, Robertson, Mazin, and our other “lighter” guys fare in our new defense. 

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I’d say Rod Brown, Enoch Jackson, and the newest commit Moore have got you covered. Trieb would also like a word.
But yes, having a rotation available would be ideal. I’m curious how Rausaw, Robertson, Mazin, and our other “lighter” guys fare in our new defense. 

Mazin will be an OLB 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad to have those guys. I just want more of them, and more highly rated if possible. The football season is a war of attrition. Nothing wrong with being a little greedy when it comes to quality linemen.

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f799f476515a4fa

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

P5 caliber?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cooley said:

P5 caliber?

Any of the above names listed would receive p5 offers if they hit the portal today. 

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Preach on, brother. Preach on!

2 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I'm happy about these additions, but I'd love to see some P5 level DT's and DE's. Games are won and lost in the trenches. 

The problem is numbers of scholarships already spent on those positions. Once some leave after spring I am sure there will be some coming in as replacement. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Any of the above names listed would receive p5 offers if they hit the portal today. 

The problem is numbers of scholarships already spent on those positions. Once some leave after spring I am sure there will be some coming in as replacement. 

This. I think after the spring some players will move on when they realize they're not a fit for this new system, or realize they are not part of the plan moving forward. The staff will also have a better understanding of what holes they need to fill. There will be a lot of players in the portal after the May open portal window.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, meanrob said:

Let’s be realistic. We were 117th in rushing defense. Only Richards had a decent amount of sacks. None of the DL guys were even honorable mention CUSA. 

Could the new defense help these guys excel? Possible. But there’s no way do I think we have it covered right now. 

One thing that EM mentioned that I appreciated was the “need to be balanced on offense and that he’s learned to have a total team game.”  

I understood it as the offense helping the defense (like our running game did for our defense in 2021). Our offense didn’t do our defense any favors last season.  I expect a better showing for our defense next season. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

One thing that EM mentioned that I appreciated was the “need to be balanced on offense and that he’s learned to have a total team game.”  

I understood it as the offense helping the defense (like our running game did for our defense in 2021). Our offense didn’t do our defense any favors last season.  I expect a better showing for our defense next season. 

I completely agree with that. 

• Lovely Take 1