Light The Tower Master Plan Update

MeanGreen22

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I'm confused, I thought Light the Tower was our NIL collective, which gathers funds to pay student athletes.

This now seems to be more of an athletic department funding initiative.

Has the goal of it changed?

Not sure.  I thought it involved donations for anything?   But I think someone posted recently Athletics had a position open for head of donation acquisitions too.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Light The Tower . com is operated by the school/Athletic Department for the funding of various improvement projects. 

The Light The Tower Collective is operated by RV and crew for the purpose of compensating players for their Name, Image, and Likeness. 

If I'm confused, and I follow this stuff way more than what would be considered healthy, then this is going to be a beautiful mess.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I'm confused, I thought Light the Tower was our NIL collective, which gathers funds to pay student athletes.

This now seems to be more of an athletic department funding initiative.

Has the goal of it changed?

They are two different initiatives. The Light the Tower Master Plan has been around since 2016, and this is just the updated version that has been revised in the wake of COVID-19 (Some of our needs were adjusted). 

The NIL collective just adopted the same name. 

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • RV 3
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Wonder what UTSA has in place to get away from this. Alamodome ranked 9th biggest eyesore in the US of A.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/alamodome-makes-list-of-ugliest-buildings-in-the-us-san-antonio-texas/273-38be36f4-b9dc-47f6-8a85-f36437e4f75f

The Alamodome looked like 💩 when they built it 30 years ago, and it hasn't gotten any better looking over the years. 

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Wonder what UTSA has in place to get away from this. Alamodome ranked 9th biggest eyesore in the US of A.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/alamodome-makes-list-of-ugliest-buildings-in-the-us-san-antonio-texas/273-38be36f4-b9dc-47f6-8a85-f36437e4f75f

Based on looking at their basketball facilities it is safe to say, that at least up to this point in time, investing in facilities is not one of their priorities.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

18 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

That was De Long's choice. He chose to improve on Lovelace Field, instead of waiting for a new stadium later. Since he chose to stay at the Lace, the program has a new field, walls & outfield fence, batting cages, and bullpen. The athletic department wouldn't have added those facilities if it was just going to be a temporary home for the softball program. The choice was obviously smart, because the girls are ranked #24 heading into the season. 

Are they going to add on to the bleachers at Lovelace? Those ladies and that program deserves a bigger stadium.

• Upvote 1