Jared and team working to help with better UNT merchandise

El Paso Eagle

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

Agree.  But the Eagle wings are not a logo, and they are too similar to Oregon's duck wings...

https://www.helmethistory.com/oregon.html

Picture

maybe so! I would say ours are more fitting because they match the wings of our logo. Also the recruits/players love them. 

These are the best helmets in UNT history! - Mean Green Football -  GoMeanGreen.com

THese are my favorite helmets. I hope we have some more variations of this helmet next year. I would love to see green helmet, white texas and white face mask. The eagle by itself on the helmet does not fit right. you either need wings or texas behind eagle moving forward. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

maybe so! I would say ours are more fitting because they match the wings of our logo. Also the recruits/players love them. 

These are the best helmets in UNT history! - Mean Green Football -  GoMeanGreen.com

THese are my favorite helmets. I hope we have some more variations of this helmet next year. I would love to see green helmet, white texas and white face mask. The eagle by itself on the helmet does not fit right. you either need wings or texas behind eagle moving forward. 

Agree a large SOW does not fit well by itself on the helmet.  

I believe with the new technology of helmet wraps, plus today's constant keep-it-fresh rebranding society, and keeping it "cool" for players and to attract recruits, we will continue to see constant change in our helmets.  We have not established enough history with a set helmet/logo.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Well, gee, the Longhorn is so 60's, but just try to change their helmets!

Not much to change on the Longhorn, unless you want to make it cartoonish like the worm. The reason it hasn't changed since the 60'. It's a classic design.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

Agree a large SOW does not fit well by itself on the helmet.  

I believe with the new technology of helmet wraps, plus today's constant keep-it-fresh rebranding society, and keeping it "cool" for players and to attract recruits, we will continue to see constant change in our helmets.  We have not established enough history with a set helmet/logo.

So much for tradition. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I like the concept. Agree with color variations. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

5 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Not much to change on the Longhorn, unless you want to make it cartoonish like the worm. The reason it hasn't changed since the 60'. It's a classic design.

Classic is in the eye of the beholder.   I think the longhorn is actually rather boring.  But then so is a pony, hog, an interlocked OU, TT, aTm, etc....

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

42 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Classic is in the eye of the beholder.   I think the longhorn is actually rather boring.  But then so is a pony, hog, an interlocked OU, TT, aTm, etc....

All those you listed fit the definition of classic meaning, they stood the test of time. The worm did not.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Royal Australian Air ForceFile:No 77 Squadron RAAF FA-18 Hornet lands at Nellis Air Force Base on 23 Jan 2014.jpgRAAF F-35s on Their Way Home - Second Line of Defense

I knew this old picture would again surface.  I think NT should just add the bomb and make those happy that believe NT copied this logo.   

It also should be noted this is a 2018 picture, so it is more likely the Australian Air Force copied NT than the other way around. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

All those you listed fit the definition of classic meaning, they stood the test of time. The worm did not.

Because it was abandoned shortly after Hayden Fry left for Iowa, as if to erase that whole era.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

10 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

It looks great in pictures but horrible on the field (in person and on TV). It completely gets washed out.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stix said:

Tell Washington State

70s, actually...

How about this: we are trying to compete with others in a video game of Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, and the Flying Worm is akin to introducing Yoshi or Kirby as a character option.

it just doesn’t work

IMO, the WSU logo is fine. This has nothing to do with the vector-style design

PS: I completely get how, sometimes, something works very well because it’s not supposed to work/fit. Maybe if it was reintroduced it would end up a hit!

Edited by greenminer
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2