Jared and team working to help with better UNT merchandise

El Paso Eagle

13 minutes ago, wardly said:

The problem is that on t.v. you can't tell what this is. R.V. wanted "NORTH TEXAS" on helmets when were were on t.v. in order to better advertise the university.

I don’t like the color scheme. I admit it’s hard to see. It can be done better and make the Texas and Eagle stand out more. North Texas on the helmet was just cheap and lazy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

I would be happy if they got rid of the horrible Serif font and go with some form of a Sans Serif. The font being used is not only a horrid font it terribly dated. 

I respectfully disagree and not because I’m a huge fan of the font.  I think this is why we have so many logos, etc.  We keep something for 10 years (or less) and decide we need to “update” our look.  Classic looks become classic because teams stick with them.  Like it or hate it, North Texas should be synonymous with that font, just as we should be with the SOW.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

My .02:

White-out first home game of the year.  Often a FCS opponent, but sometimes someone else.  Next year? Cal.  The average high temperature on September 1 is 93 degrees.  As we know all too well, it can get a lot hotter than that.  Let's bring the Bears in here with those dark, dark blue unis while we wear the white throwbacks.

Otherwise,

Green jersey-Green pants:  Yes, Go Mean Green

Green jersey-White pants:  Yep, Classic Collegiate

Green jersey-Black pants:  Still liking it

Black Jersey-Green pants:  Still cool

Black jersey-Black pants: Not interested, too blah

Anything gray: Rope GIF - Get A Rope Cowboy Nope - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Texas Stranger
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, ADLER said:

Just a fact. Any time the 'Flying Worm' is seen anywhere it is detrimental to the branding of our university. Please remember it fondly as an iconic symbol of the groovy 70's, but do let it go.

No it's not.  It is iconic, and was designed by our own alum, so we know it's ours.....not "borrowed from the internet" like the current "branding" is.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Yes, need Green pants too, but we were told Nike does not make material for pants in this color shade.   

Which brings up another issue...this Lime green, or whatever color, is not the original color Hayden Fry used.  The actual Flying Worm helmets and pants were a shade or two darker (see below).    Use the Official Green we use for Athletics today, it'd be great!

Picture 1 of 1

Off topic, but I’d take that 1980 schedule, minus the 9 away games.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

what other picture, I looked through some of their stuff and this was the only eagle I saw that resembled NT's

File:No 77 Squadron RAAF FA-18 Hornet lands at Nellis Air Force Base on 23 Jan 2014.jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:No_77_Squadron_RAAF_FA-18_Hornet_lands_at_Nellis_Air_Force_Base_on_23_Jan_2014.jpg

3 hours ago, ADLER said:

FIFY. We can't expect our road opponents to ever be sentimental about our groovy uniforms from the 1970's, and a real reason for fielding sports teams is to promote our university through our brandings.

I do love the colors though, AND, unlike purple, brown, gray, black mauve or any other fashion color, the Neon "Mean" Green is approved for university athletic uniforms. It not only shows well on television as well as in person, it creates a memorable impression.

That color shouldn't be approved.  We never used this Neon color Lime green before, until these were recently reproduced.   

It's not the correct color from the mid 70's-early 80's....

Edited by NT80

13 hours ago, NT80 said:

No it's not.  It is iconic, and was designed by our own alum, so we know it's ours.....not "borrowed from the internet" like the current "branding" is.

Uniqueness is only one of many roles with branding.  Another important role is being informative.  This is especially crucial with us as we continue to separate ourselves from the NTSU name, and grow with the new AAC.

How many times, 30+ years after the fact, do we still hear "North Texas State" on a national broadcast?  This was another divisive issue years ago when we were using "North Texas" script on our helmets.  It did NOT negate the idea of STATE in our name like some thought using "UNT" would.

One of the problems with the "Flying Worm" is it is just that...it looks more like *cough* other things *cough* than it does an Eagle.

Rick Spears should be immortalized as a Mean Green legend  The Flying Worm has its place.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

File:No 77 Squadron RAAF FA-18 Hornet lands at Nellis Air Force Base on 23 Jan 2014.jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:No_77_Squadron_RAAF_FA-18_Hornet_lands_at_Nellis_Air_Force_Base_on_23_Jan_2014.jpg

Thanks

I still think however, it is much more likely that the two logos were developed independently and neither is a copy of the other.  

In the end, it makes no difference to NT if it was copied or created at NT.  Probably the same with the Australian Air Force, as both entities have a large variety of eagle marks. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ADLER said:

Well, were F***ed anyways.

This company published the lovely information that is being provided by our branding department to vendors.

https://teamcolorcodes.com/north-texas-mean-green-color-codes/

And...THAT IS EXACTLY WHY OUR MERCHANDISING IS SO F###ED UP.

Green and White are our only school colors, and they have been since 1904.

Black is approved only as a 'tertiary color' for outlines, and for logos in monochromatic printing.

Somebody (intentionally?) screwed this up on our own university web site.

It will take a university Vice President to get this changed immediately. Let's see if Jared Mosley can be trusted to protect our traditions and get this corrected ASAP.

Not disagreeing with you, but wondering why you say black is not an official color if the school website says it is?

https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Thanks

I still think however, it is much more likely that the two logos were developed independently and neither is a copy of the other.  

In the end, it makes no difference to NT if it was copied or created at NT.  Probably the same with the Australian Air Force, as both entities have a large variety of eagle marks. 

It should.  If NT is going to allow plagiarism to obtain it's Athletic logos then I'm very disappointed in it as a place of higher learning.

• Upvote 1