You just been given the job as the Head Promoter

Big Z

Give out tickets to the first 5,000 (must be 21+) fans for half priced beers.

$2 ice cream cones for kids

Hire some has been artist to do a pre-game show inside the stadium. 

Have a DJ play mumble rap on the student side to attract more gen Z/college kids.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I say let fans on the field,  bring back After Game Fireworks shows, like they used to do at Fouts, years ago...

And please, DONT start up with "it doesnt make sense when we lose to have a Fireworks show, it's like we're celebrating a loss..."   Frisco Roughriders always used to have a fireworks show after Friday home games, I think?  Maybe still do? 

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Have a consistent marketing plan/theme for the whole season. 
Do giveaways for the first four games at minimum. 
Emphasize fun. 
Do more than emails.

Make sure the game day experience goes smoothly for Christ’s sake. Have ambassadors walk the tailgate and talk to people. 

Quit making everything cookie cutter. You aren’t going to chase fans away so try different things. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, meanrob said:

Have a consistent marketing plan/theme for the whole season. 
Do giveaways for the first four games at minimum. 
Emphasize fun. 
Do more than emails.

Make sure the game day experience goes smoothly for Christ’s sake. Have ambassadors walk the tailgate and talk to people. 

Quit making everything cookie cutter. You aren’t going to chase fans away so try different things. 

Never forget that emails can be set to auto-send, so you could hypothetically set them up on Monday and take Friday off.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MrAlien said:

2  Reach out to every student group on campus, make sure they can attend at least one game and give them a mention during the game.

For this specifically, the school needs to have people going to every student org, fraternity, sorority meetings and hyping up any and all games for our teams. Tell them about the upcoming events. Show them how to get the tickets. Create incentives for folks to COME IN the games. The people in the orgs are often the ones most active on campus and least likely to have the “commuter” tag on them. Easier to get those people out to things. 

• Upvote 1

• Set up family friendly pregame events with activities for kids and easy access to food (Food Trucks etc.)
  • More General admission seat ticket specials. Make it an affordable for families to make the trip
  • Get the student section behind the visitors bench and reach out daily to the students
  • Have staff members walking the grounds before and after the games - Listen and acts on the fans ideas and complaints.
  • Reach out to the schools in the area surrounding Denton. Invite HS bands and let them participate.
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

PRIOR TO KICKOFF, CURRENT STUDENTS REGISTER FOR A DRAWING AFTER THE HALFTIME SHOW.  THE WINNING STUDENT GETS THE NEXT SEMESTER’’S TUITION PAID FOR AT THE SAME NUMGER OF HOURS THEY’RE CURRENTLY ENROLLED FOR, OR LESS.  FOR A STUDENT THAT IS GRADUATING DURING THAT SEMESTER, $500-$1,000 CASH.  NO BOOKS OR FEES.  MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Forgot to mention, get Morris’ face everywhere. 

And yeah I’m a little biased because I was part of it but two things I’d do-

Have an old MGC style get together where a coach or coordinator can talk freely. Not the coaches caravan. 

Have an encouraged mega tailgate area. Where there’s a green bus parked with a big smoker and it’s a place people can walk by and talk to fans. We used to win over people with our enthusiasm. Everything doesn’t always need to come from the university/athletic department. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

PRIOR TO KICKOFF, CURRENT STUDENTS REGISTER FOR A DRAWING AFTER THE HALFTIME SHOW.  THE WINNING STUDENT GETS THE NEXT SEMESTER’’S TUITION PAID FOR AT THE SAME NUMGER OF HOURS THEY’RE CURRENTLY ENROLLED FOR, OR LESS.  FOR A STUDENT THAT IS GRADUATING DURING THAT SEMESTER, $500-$1,000 CASH.  NO BOOKS OR FEES.  MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.

I had a similar thought, but 70-80% of them leave after halftime already.  We need them to stay for the 2nd half...do the drawing halfway through the 4th quarter.

Stop amateur hour on in-game stuff.  I was at the basketball game last night and three things were complete fails because whoever is in charge doesn't give a crap...t-shirt cannon, kiss-cam and that awful dice roll thing.

Someone needs to take this stuff seriously to make it fun and keep it from being a laughing stock.  As I mentioned in an earlier thread, send someone to a Stars game to see how it's supposed to work.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

They kind of already do that? That's what all those silly dice roll games are in the TV timeouts are for I thought. 

• Puking Eagle 1