UAB (1/21/23)

CMJ

Big time win despite those awful gray uniforms.  I don't understand why any team uses gray instead of white, particularly when the school colors include white.   I wish NT would burn the gray or use them only as practice uniforms. 

Glad to see Sissoko get any minutes.  Much better imo substitute for Ousmane than smaller forwards in a lot of game situations.  

Good game for Perry, as they keyed their defense to stopping him, but he made two clutch threes at the end of the game.  Worrisome game with both Scott and Ousmane getting into early foul trouble. 

I am not sure UAB is a significantly better team with Jelly.  He is going to get his points, but they are very predictable on offense with him on the court. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, mustangfan said:

You guys can kid around all you want but there have been several legitimate reports of the PAC 12 and Big 12 considering SMU as a component of their expansion plans.  It is becoming evident that we will not be staying in the AAC for very long.   I know it is a big step up for you guys and I do wish you well in the AAC.

Talk to us when you get a tourney win. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, mustangfan said:

You guys can kid around all you want but there have been several legitimate reports of the PAC 12 and Big 12 considering SMU as a component of their expansion plans.  It is becoming evident that we will not be staying in the AAC for very long.   I know it is a big step up for you guys and I do wish you well in the AAC.

If SMU was leaving , they would have already said goodbye. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, mustangfan said:

In all honesty…. No way. UNT, UTSA, SMU, Rice all in the same boat. SMU doesn’t have anything to offer the rest of them don’t already have. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mustangfan said:

start a new thread and provide links.

This is about our UAB win.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, mustangfan said:

Ok, roomie. 

And good bounce back game vs an underperforming and talented UAB team. 

GMG

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mustangfan said:

The SWC also called for you.   No, wait, it was the SWAC, my bad!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, mustangfan said:

Here we go...

• Upvote 1

https://meangreensports.com/news/2023/1/21/mens-basketball-wins-63-52-at-uab

After playing three games in three different cities this week, North Texas returns home Thursday to host UTSA. The game will be broadcast on ESPNU and the Mean Green Sports Network, presented by Learfield on The Varsity Network app.

North Texas basketball fans can save up to 50 percent on tickets for upcoming home games with an advance purchase as part of North Texas Athletics' Texas Two Step Mini Plan. By using the promotion, Mean Green fans can attend the next two men's basketball home games and pay as low as 16 dollars total before fees. The deal is almost a buy one and get one free. The mini plan is only available for advance online purchase and is live until tip-off of the men's basketball Jan. 26 home game versus UTSA. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/20/2023 at 9:21 AM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Praying for a miracle that we somehow figure things out on offense

This aged well.

On 1/20/2023 at 6:42 PM, BleedingGreen said:

We must figure out offense in the last 5 minutes of the game and stop Luka / Tylor gazing. 

This did not. As much as I enjoyed this win, I can't look past the fact we went on ANOTHER 5:30 min scoring drought at the end of the game. If it were a better team, we would have had a chance to lose.

I am not sure what is going on at the end of the games, but we need to figure it out before the CUSA tourney.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:34 PM, mustangfan said:

You've posted this before (I think it was you) and I thought you were just being a wise guy....but now I'm starting to think you actually believe that.

denzel washington cringe GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1