Teach the Talon!

NTEdgex2

I'm glad this subject came up, because I've always wondered something about the talon hand sign.  I was never in Talons or any spirit group, but I always thought the talon sign should be made with three extended fingers, not just two (excluding the thumb).  You know, since eagles have three "fingers" facing forward and one backward. 

I know it's hard to make your hand do that, but two fingers bent looks like a lazy peace sign or the Horned Frogs sign. 

Edited by NTXDJ
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, NTXDJ said:

I'm glad this subject came up, because I've always wondered something about the talon hand sign.  I was never in Talons or any spirit group, but I always thought the talon sign should be made with three extended fingers, not just two (excluding the thumb).  You know, since eagles have three "fingers" facing forward and one backward. 

I know it's hard to make your hand do that, but two fingers bent looks like a lazy peace sign or the Horned Frogs sign. 

Would you care to share a picture of what you are describing?  I too have struggled to get it right and I have been going to games for awhile.

12 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

gallery_1_114_142063.jpg

The two on the right are throwing up the classic North Texas talons. 

Yeah, the kid on the right has what I'm talking about.  His ring finger is pointing more upward along with the index and middle finger, with the pinky finger down. 

• Upvote 1