Who is going to the Rice game February 4th?

Matt from A700

6 hours ago, Stix said:

For those who go for the first time, the Tudor Fieldhouse will give you a whole new appreciation for the Super Pit.  They say it fits 5,000, but I don't think so...  Here's pictures I took last year - I guess the GA section does have "seats":

IMG_20220212_143322.thumb.jpg.3dcc459735e603f8aeab19b5e8b5ad79.jpgIMG_20220212_143428.thumb.jpg.07c3079c1eb62d1dbb719124c278f108.jpg

That's 5000 if you pack them in like sardines.

• Upvote 2

On 1/18/2023 at 4:50 PM, UNTLifer said:

I bet Rubin's Mom and family are there.  I used to follow her on Twitter, but haven't heard much from her lately.  She is a great fan and I would love to meet her some day.

She told me in SA that they go all over the country to see her son play.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Matt from A700 said:

Stopped by there around 5:30 but didn't see anyone in green.

I didn't make it there until around 6. 🙁

There were about a half dozen MGers there at the time.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, kj86 said:

Got there about a quarter 'til 6.  Ended up being around 8 of us.  Our crowd at the game, on the other hand, very impressive.  Probably about a quarter of the total crowd were MG fans.  Coach was thanking everyone after the game.

For those who were there Saturday night and last year, I was curious which crowd was bigger?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

For those who were there Saturday night and last year, I was curious which crowd was bigger?

Didn't take any pictures 😐

May have been more NT fans, and less Rice fans, than last year.

I guess you could look at the box scores for the official attendence, if you can find the one for last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Stix said:

Didn't take any pictures 😐

May have been more NT fans, and less Rice fans, than last year.

I guess you could look at the box scores for the official attendence, if you can find the one for last year.

That's what I was curious about, just our number. Interested to see if there were more Mean Green fans there Saturday night compared to last season.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2023 at 1:48 PM, Stix said:

For those who go for the first time, the Tudor Fieldhouse will give you a whole new appreciation for the Super Pit.  They say it fits 5,000, but I don't think so...  Here's pictures I took last year - I guess the GA section does have "seats":

IMG_20220212_143322.thumb.jpg.3dcc459735e603f8aeab19b5e8b5ad79.jpgIMG_20220212_143428.thumb.jpg.07c3079c1eb62d1dbb719124c278f108.jpg

Tudor Fieldhouse looks like another High School gym on steroids.   We are so lucky to have a great modern-looking facility like the SuperPit, and to be able to even be thinking about replacing it in the future.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kingwoodgreen said:

There was some pretty good “defense “ chants from behind the bench. 

Went back and watched/listened to some of the game and we did great. Especially when the clock hit all zeroes and everybody cheered, almost drained out the commentators. They sucked, but do have to give them credit for mentioning the travelling Mean Green fanbase a few times. Don't recall the UTA announcers saying anything about us in December.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, NT80 said:

Tudor Fieldhouse looks like another High School gym on steroids.   We are so lucky to have a great modern-looking facility like the SuperPit, and to be able to even be thinking about replacing it in the future.  

I said the same thing too Jeff. And to think a few years back one poster stated we needed to spend money to replace the Super Pit. It is still beautiful even after 50 years.

Tudor House was small. Even UTSA had a bigger place. Great game tho to see us beat Rice after last time.

• Upvote 3