Who is going to the Rice game February 4th?

Matt from A700

After making the trek to Ruston last year for that thrilling game, my buddy and I are heading down to Houston the first weekend of February to see the Green duke it out with the Rice University Screaming Peras. Would be nice to see an even bigger UNT crowd there than LA Tech last year. The game starts at 7 pm so you can wait until Saturday to make the drive. Anyone else planning on going?

Interesting that UTA tickets start at $8 for their nice, new arena while Rice starts at $15 for their dump - before Ticketbastard fees. If you wait until game day tickets start at $18.

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

After making the trek to Ruston last year for that thrilling game, my buddy and I are heading down to Houston the first weekend of February to see the Green duke it out with the Rice University Screaming Peras. Would be nice to see an even bigger UNT crowd there than LA Tech last year. The game starts at 7 pm so you can wait until Saturday to make the drive. Anyone else planning on going?

Interesting that UTA tickets start at $8 for their nice, new arena while Rice starts at $15 for their dump - before Ticketbastard fees. If you wait until game day tickets start at $18.

@NorthTexasSportsNetwork 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingwoodgreen said:

I am in, usually always go. Let’s meet

pregame. 

How about Little Woodrow's?

Actually...  I'll check with Claudia at the Alumni association to see if an event is being planned.

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kingwoodgreen said:

I was planning on grabbing a bite across the street from Woodrow’s pregame. I enjoy several spots in rice village when I drive down from kingwood. Will head to dinner early so we can walk over and grab a drink with the fellow fans. 

With tipoff being at 7pm, I think meeting around 5 - 5:30 is about right, with plenty of time to walk over and buy tickets if you leave Little Woodrows at 6 - 6:15.  Here's the google map for walking between Little Woodrows and the Tudor Fieldhouse:

983252982_LittleWoodrowstoTudorFieldhouse.jpg.648661cd89dfbf145059bbb721a94d87.jpg

There's really no parking in front of Little Woodrows or along Morningstar drive, and you have to pay for the parking garage in the shopping center anyway, so I usually park in West Lot 5, as close to University Blvd as possible (for whatever Rice charges - $10?), so that I have the least walk back to my car after the game.  But to each is own...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

As for tickets, as @UNTLifersaid in the game thread, nobody ever checks your ticket once you're in. 

Here's the link to the tickets / seating map page: https://riceowls.com/sports/2018/7/17/tickets-m-baskbl-tickets-html.aspx?id=13.  Sometimes I've bought the GA tickets, and sometimes the "Upper Side" tickets, and usually end up siting in the mezzanine "seats", behind our bench.  When I say "seats", they are plastic "seats" fastened to the concrete, with no backs.  Only the $30 & $35 "Chairback" seats are real seats.  I don't remember whether the GA seating, which is essentially a balcony, even has seats.

• Upvote 2

For those who go for the first time, the Tudor Fieldhouse will give you a whole new appreciation for the Super Pit.  They say it fits 5,000, but I don't think so...  Here's pictures I took last year - I guess the GA section does have "seats":

IMG_20220212_143322.thumb.jpg.3dcc459735e603f8aeab19b5e8b5ad79.jpgIMG_20220212_143428.thumb.jpg.07c3079c1eb62d1dbb719124c278f108.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Stix said:

With tipoff being at 7pm, I think meeting around 5 - 5:30 is about right, with plenty of time to walk over and buy tickets if you leave Little Woodrows at 6 - 6:15.  Here's the google map for walking between Little Woodrows and the Tudor Fieldhouse:

983252982_LittleWoodrowstoTudorFieldhouse.jpg.648661cd89dfbf145059bbb721a94d87.jpg

There's really no parking in front of Little Woodrows or along Morningstar drive, and you have to pay for the parking garage in the shopping center anyway, so I usually park in West Lot 5, as close to University Blvd as possible (for whatever Rice charges - $10?), so that I have the least walk back to my car after the game.  But to each is own...

Is any of the parking free?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Is any of the parking free?

In the Rice lots, I don't think so. On the streets in Rice village, well, you'd have to drive around and see if you can find something.

• Upvote 2