Rice (1/19/2023)

greenminer

Mean Green vs. Owls  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• North Texas Mean Green
    • Rice Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2023 at 04:00 AM

10 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

No energy in The Pit tonight.  Feels like the team doesn't want it.

Almost like combining a grueling, tedious style and six games in two weeks without depth takes a serious toll on the roster. Not an excuse - just pointing out they look worn down and why energy is probably lacking vs. not wanting it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, THOR said:

grand scheme of things, the loss does not mean anything.  still a good team...big setback, but we all know the tourney is what matters.  the boys are still in line for a bye

You are right. They were going to have to win the tourney anyway, but this is still a bad look.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Almost like combining a grueling, tedious style and six games in two weeks without depth takes a serious toll on the roster. Not an excuse - just pointing out they look worn down and why energy is probably lacking vs. not wanting it. 

Wish we’d give Christian Moore some run. He might be the most pure PG on this roster and has shot the ball well in his limited opportunities. I get Mccasland needs to trust his guys defensively before he gives them minutes, but with the turnovers piling up it seems Moore’s abilities could help with some of our issues, as well as fatigue.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Just now, MeanGreen22 said:

Watching Ruben and Abou this season has been a chore. Feels like they’ve regressed when we REALLY needed them to take a step. 

Ruben is not immune to criticism, but I feel like blaming him is not top priority right now.  The things screaming at me are, among other things 1) where is Abou offensively? 2) Who are we offensively? Kai? Scott? Eady? These guys are showing us stuff, but it's not adding up.  3) why hasn't Grant been leveling up recruiting? These "system" guys have gotten us to an amazing place among the mid-majors.  But when do we take the next step?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Watching Rubin and Abou this season has been a chore. Feels like they’ve regressed when we REALLY needed them to take a step. 

Rubin’s shot looks like it has a hitch in it this season. Either that or he brings his shooting elbow further away from his vertical plane and it just looks ugly. Regardless, 9-43 on the season from deep speaks for itself.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, greenminer said:

Ruben is not immune to criticism, but I feel like blaming him is not top priority right now.  The things screaming at me are, among other things 1) where is Abou offensively? 2) Who are we offensively? Kai? Scott? Eady? These guys are showing us stuff, but it's not adding up.  3) why hasn't Grant been leveling up recruiting? These "system" guys have gotten us to an amazing place among the mid-majors.  But when do we take the next step?

All fair. Plenty of questions all around. Just pointing out 2 of our top 3 returning guys have been mostly disappointing. 

• Upvote 2

That one hurt… BUT we still have a lot of games left. CUSA is super tight this year. Credit to rice for playing a complete game honestly. You never know what can happen throughout the rest of January and February. Every game has seemed to come down to big shots towards the end of the game. I do feel like we are missing mardrez for some of his big shots though

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Rubin’s shot looks like it has a hitch in it this season. Either that or he brings his shooting elbow further away from his vertical plane and it just looks ugly. Regardless, 9-43 on the season from deep speaks for itself.

I’ve noticed that about Rubin as well.  He has really struggled and I wonder if it isn’t that he is playing injured.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1