Will the CUSA office remain in Dallas ?

greenjoe

When we leave CUSA, the nearest conference member will be in Huntsville, 171 miles away.  Will the Conference office move to a member city and if it does will Commissioner Judy move with it ?  I’m sure a major airport is important in the decision.  No big airports close to Huntsville or Ruston for that matter.  Miami ?  

Is there internet service in Ruston ?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, greenjoe said:

When we leave CUSA, the nearest conference member will be in Huntsville, 171 miles away.  Will the Conference office move to a member city and if it does will Commissioner Judy move with it ?  I’m sure a major airport is important in the decision.  No big airports close to Huntsville or Ruston for that matter.  Miami ?  

Isn't out in Irving? Had no idea it was actually in Dallas

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I think it will because the real estate is much cheaper here than in other places and it is also closer to the airport.

The new CUSA has no revenue source. I doubt it can afford to stay in Dallas now, and certainly will not be able to after the upcoming round of realignment.

Colorado State and Air Force both said they want the AAC if SDSU moves to the PAC. This starts the dominoes falling, and it won't be pretty for CUSA.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, ADLER said:

The new CUSA has no revenue source. I doubt it can afford to stay in Dallas now, and certainly will not be able to after the upcoming round of realignment.

Colorado State and Air Force both said they want the AAC if SDSU moves to the PAC. This starts the dominoes falling, and it won't be pretty for CUSA.

What you say is absolutely correct and the sad part is that some once proud programs are going down with them like La. Tech and WKU.  Their best hope is that the Sun Belch will have them back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

What you say is absolutely correct and the sad part is that some once proud programs are going down with them like La. Tech and WKU.  Their best hope is that the Sun Belch will have them back.

It will be a mass exodus.

WKU has been in talks with the MAC for over a year and were prepared to go in as a package deal with MTSU. It will probably happen after they divvy out CUSA acquired exit fees. UTEP and NMSU are almost certain to join UNM in the depleted MWC. La Tech has the support to replace the first AAC team that leaves (Temple has contemplated following UConn for basketball money).

With CUSA no longer being a viable Division I conference* all accrued tourney money will divert directly back to the schools which originally earned it. That will benefit us. (To remain an NCAA credit earning conference, at least 6 of the members must have remained in the conference the three preceding years. CUSA cannot qualify)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ADLER said:

La Tech has the support to replace the first AAC team that leaves (Temple has contemplated following UConn for basketball money).

La Tech does not seem to fit the AAC footprint from the latest expansion. Their problem is they spent so much time and effort crapping on ULM and UL-Lafayette that there is a lot of bad blood.

33 minutes ago, ADLER said:

At which map are you looking?

Their only holdup may be Tulane not wanting another Louisiana school. The other western AAC schools love them.

The latest expansion was all teams in much, much larger markets than Ruston. Really don't think the AAC would like to add La Tech.

• Upvote 1