Why does next year have. To be a rebuilding Year?

Jonnyeagle

2 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

Do you not see all of the analysts and assistants they are hiring?  Do you not see the ties to south dallas and the power programs like SOC?  They may both be air raid but Seth was an introvert that made no attempt to build relationships in Denton, DFW or with donors and fans.  How can you be so blind?

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

A.  Littrell had just signed multiple recruits from SOC and that area, some of which we will lose under the new staff.

B.  His post had nothing to do with the coaches' personalities.  It had to do with the fact that a new coach with a clearly similar approach to X's and O's was brought in to build on what we already had, rather than to tear everything down and virtually start back from scratch, like we have done with previous coaching hires.

Can you handle all that? 😉

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

Do you not see all of the analysts and assistants they are hiring?  Do you not see the ties to south dallas and the power programs like SOC?  They may both be air raid but Seth was an introvert that made no attempt to build relationships in Denton, DFW or with donors and fans.  How can you be so blind?

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

I mean, it's a little different.  I'm responding to this notion that our entire program has been "reset".

Differences I can recognize:

1) We are giving our program more resources (analysts/budget/recruiting).

2) Morris is not SL, nor is his system identical.  I can recognize that they have evolved away from each other.  But come on, they're both still part of the Air Raid tree.  That is not the same as going from Dickey-to-Dodge-to-DannyMac

3) Mosley is not WB.  He is taller.

4) pie

• Upvote 2

College coaching is more then just Xs and Os, and I'll give Littrell some credit in that department.  Littrell's issue was developing players, he had some decent classes on paper, but a lot of players were not able to transition to the college game, he wasn't always able to get the most out of them.  Thats where coach Morris and a new system will have to improve thing, and I think they will, however it will take some time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

On another note, its my understanding that both Littrell and Baby Briles are in running for TCU O.C. position .However Briles is getting push back by some alumni and fans because his association with problems at Baylor when his father was coaching. Take it with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 1