FAU (1/14/23)

CMJ

Should have won that one. I put it on the coaches.
This dribble until their are 5 seconds left on the shot clock offense is horrible. 

We have to go to Scott more often and encourage him to be aggressive. 

Abou has become a liability. Stupid fouls in the defensive end and indecisive/soft on the offensive end are not good qualities. 

On to the next game. I trust our staff to fix this. 

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

It seems to me that no one but Perry on NT team wanted to shoot with the game on the line. 

Kai was having a good game.. until he decided to just not shoot anymore. Abou was absolutely terrified to do anything today. Multiple times got the ball down low and didn’t even think to go up with it. Tylor had more rebounds than he did today. 

This won't a popular post around here, but I'll say it anyway....

FAU exposed the fact that this team lacks the size and talent to be the best in C-USA. We are a scrapy team and we play some solid defense. But, we are the 2nd best team in C-USA. Maybe we can land a spot in the NET. 

McCasland has to bring in bigger and better talent if we are going to compete in the AAC next season. It's that simple.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Venson said:

If their is one hit on Grant, I would say since he has been here we have only had one go to scorer. Before Perry, it was Hamlet. Before Hamlet, it was Smart. He has to get another scorer to count on. I still wouldn't trade Grant for anyone else, but he has to find more scorers.

Yes, the script always seems the same at the end of these close games.   We need more guys that want to be heroes. 

• Upvote 1

Abou went off on NutsaCK and has done nothing since. 

I love Rubin, but man he is very inconsistent right now. 

Too many bad turnovers by Jones and Huntsberry. 

We need better ball movement and movement by our players off the ball?

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Kai was having a good game.. until he decided to just not shoot anymore. Abou was absolutely terrified to do anything today. Multiple times got the ball down low and didn’t even think to go up with it. Tylor had more rebounds than he did today. 

We had FAU with 7 fouls with like 8 minutes left in the game, and then just stopped going inside to draw fouls for some reason.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Yes, the script always seems the same at the end of these close games.   We need more guys that want to be heroes. 

How about better offense play design in general, not relying on threes so much, and not waiting to run the offense with 8 or fewer seconds left on the shot clock every time down. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard fought game with two of the best teams in CUSA. FAU found another gear defensively and it hurt us. They really swarmed and it caused some turnovers.  We had our chances late.  It was a battle. We’ll see them again in Frisco. These close games will make this team better. It’s sucks right now, but they’ll bounce back. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

This won't a popular post around here, but I'll say it anyway....

FAU exposed the fact that this team lacks the size and talent to be the best in C-USA. We are a scrapy team and we play some solid defense. But, we are the 2nd best team in C-USA. Maybe we can land a spot in the NET. 

McCasland has to bring in bigger and better talent if we are going to compete in the AAC next season. It's that simple.

Agree that this isn’t currently a championship or tournament team. Offense isn’t good enough. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Agree that this isn’t currently a championship or tournament team. Offense isn’t good enough. 

Not so. If we play them in the CUSA Tourney Championship and WEAR GREEN, we will beat them. The result would then be that both teams would then advance to the NCAA Tournament.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3