FAU (1/14/23)

CMJ

5 hours ago, NT80 said:

In the pre-game photo I  can see we will be wearing the Black unis today.... good or bad omen?  

It's the omen that erased all doubt.

WE NEVER HAD A CHANCE.

a-christmas-story-oh-fudge.gif

Here's me upon seeing that we decided to lose the game by wearing the trash bag uniforms.

It's a certified fact that when the black attire comes out, so does the voodoo. The real question is, why are we wearing anything other than our school colors in the first place?

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Terrible play - why??  You set no screens and let them triple team Perry?  Just a super disappointing game again!

if you’re gonna go for the winning 3 with Tylor, you gotta do something better to get him open. Let him come off an offball screen or something. That way if he does have to make a move, it’s one a quick one rather than having to make multiple moves just to get a somewhat open shot. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Abou was a non-factor today.  Their 7-footer has neutralized him in both games.  

Although I think this may have been the most balanced we’ve looked in the scoring department, we STILL go to a “Tylor or nothing” in crunch time

Agreed, needed Ousmane to show up today. He hasn't looked aggressive or confident all year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Abou was a non-factor today.  Their 7-footer has neutralized him in both games.  

Although I think this may have been the most balanced we’ve looked in the scoring department, we STILL go to a “Tylor or nothing” in crunch time

Not sure what the final numbers were, but 5-10 minutes into 2H, our PxP noted that Owls were -9 when Goldin was in.

1 minute ago, NTXDJ said:

So just like the first game against FAU, UNT leads most of the game but can't finish in crunch time.  We gotta get someone to help out Perry with scoring in the last 2-3 minutes of games. 

It seems to me that no one but Perry on NT team wanted to shoot with the game on the line. 

Teams are now basically all playing NT with the same script.  Go at Ousmane and get him in foul trouble.  It works like a charm in this game.  Obviously, having a 7'1 good center helped.  

If their is one hit on Grant, I would say since he has been here we have only had one go to scorer. Before Perry, it was Hamlet. Before Hamlet, it was Smart. He has to get another scorer to count on. I still wouldn't trade Grant for anyone else, but he has to find more scorers.