New Here

Scarlet Matador

58 minutes ago, Scarlet Matador said:

I do not live close by. 

If you are in the area this fall, I understand that the Rally House near Alloance, between Denton & Fort Worth, has the best stock/selection.

I have even found some good items on Amazon

16 hours ago, ADLER said:

There's a throwback shirt available through TeePublic roughly based on the

DMN's SWC cartoonist Bill McClanahan's NTSC "Odus Mitchell" eagle. 

image.jpeg.f0c260adeced1a48ae9846f4c893f051.jpeg

And another based on the 1960's version with interlocked NT

Vintage North Texas "mean Green" Eagles Mascot T-shirt | North-texas

And a Rally House green game day appropriate ...

North Texas Mean Green Green Vintage Worm Short Sleeve T Shirt product image 1 of 3 slides

or gray for housework Flying Worm

North Texas Mean Green Grey Vintage Worm Helmet Short Sleeve Fashion T Shirt product image 1 of 2 slides

Row One Brand even makes some late 60's vintage items based on the giant Fouts Eagle that faced I-35 for 30 years

Vintage North Texas State University Eagles Tee product image 1 of 1 slide

And a variety of obsolete logos to print and iron on can be downloaded.

University of North Texas - Here's to evolution! Take a look at a few of our UNT branded logos over the years. Which one is your favorite? 📸: Texas Football Life | Facebook

University of North Texas - Here's to evolution! Take a look at a few of  our UNT branded logos over the years. Which one is your favorite? 📸: Texas  Football Life | Facebook

University of North Texas - Here's to evolution! Take a look at a few of our UNT branded logos over the years. Which one is your favorite? 📸: Texas Football Life | Facebook

Philadelphia Eagles logo iron on transfers, Philadelphia Eagles t shirt transfers, Philadelphia Eagles vinyl fabric transfers, Philadelphia Eagles custom iron ons

The University of North Texas Mean Green Eagles - ScoreStream

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on heat transfer|North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on transfer.png|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on heat  transfer|North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on  transfer.png|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on heat transfer|North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on transfer.png|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green Logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

Unt Tb - North Texas Mean Green - Free Transparent PNG Clipart Images Download

Unt Tb - North Texas Mean Green - Free Transparent PNG Clipart Images  Download

Unt Tb - North Texas Mean Green - Free Transparent PNG Clipart Images Download

North Texas Mean Green 1973-1983 Primary Dark Logo iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300156|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1973-1983 Primary Dark Logo iron on transfers for  clothing|IRONON202204300156|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1973-1983 Primary Dark Logo iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300156|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2005 Secondary Logo v2 iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300166|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2005 Secondary Logo v2 iron on transfers for  clothing|IRONON202204300166|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2005 Secondary Logo v2 iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300166|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 2003-2005 Mascot Logo iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300173|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 2003-2005 Mascot Logo iron on transfers for  clothing|IRONON202204300173|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 2003-2005 Mascot Logo iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300173|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green - Wikipedia

Favorite UNT Logos/Traditions? - Page 2 - Mean Green Football - GoMeanGreen.com

Favorite UNT Logos/Traditions? - Page 2 - Mean Green Football -  GoMeanGreen.com

Favorite UNT Logos/Traditions? - Page 2

I might order one of these in grey because I love the logo so much.

image.png.bc44dcf20d1b5202e12bfe39dc26778d.png

But your post really shows how many throwback logos we have that fans love. We shouldn't have to order iron-ons to create our own shirts. There should always be QUALITY merchandise with a few of these logos available to purchase at Voertman's, UNT bookstore, Rally House, etc. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, NT93 said:

The downside of Rally House is that everything is usually full price in my experience.  Not too many bargains to be had.

Not entirely true. The gray UNT items and the black UNT items do come with free 30 pieces of silver.

Not so much of a sale as of a sellout.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, ADLER said:

The Pantone of green that we use is commonly referred to as kelly green or Irish green. Nike does make a ton of products in this shade as both Oregon and Marshall use the same green and are both exclusively Nike customers.

I feel like one of the biggest issues we have when it comes to licensed gear is that nobody seems to agree on the same green. If you attend any sports event you can see 40 different shades of green sometimes. School really has to get stricter about what green we are and keep it that way. UCLA actually has their official colors on the pantone, and I've never seen UT gear that was the exact shade of burnt orange those goobers love so much. 

20 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Fanatics.com has some nice things. If you've noticed a few have strong feelings on the use of colors other than Green and White 💚 

Be careful with buying stuff from fanatics that's not a major brand like a Nike or Under Armor. I've gotten a few tees from them and they fade and wear out incredibly fast, just wal-mart type of quality on their stuff. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

I feel like one of the biggest issues we have when it comes to licensed gear is that nobody seems to agree on the same green. If you attend any sports event you can see 40 different shades of green sometimes. School really has to get stricter about what green we are and keep it that way. UCLA actually has their official colors on the pantone, and I've never seen UT gear that was the exact shade of burnt orange those goobers love so much. 

The university only has the one official shade of green that is (Irish/kelly) and one approved alternate shade (Neon Green).

You are correct in that North Texas does not crack down on departments and vendors who order cheaper or easier to obtain textiles which are in wrong shades. There's far too much "I don't give a shit, it's green enough for me". That's how we always have departments ordering black, toothpaste green, or forest green attire every year.

A friend of mine is an attourney with the University of Texas Branding. They immediately issue a cease and desist letter for anyone using unapproved colors combined with university marks. All deviating materials must be immediately destroyed or the offender faces lawsuits.

Lots of clothing and signage, but glazed donut Hook-em Horns was one of his more comical cases

Donut Taco Palace II's Longhorn doughnut.

Unfortunately, our own branding department is not only not beneficial to our university, they are actually detrimental, and they get well paid to do virtually nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1