New Here

Scarlet Matador

54 minutes ago, ADLER said:

All other colors are wrong, and they detract from school spirit and water down everybody's game day experience, including yours.

Unfortunately, we need to fix/update the traditions website that people will use for reference, or it will be hard to convince people about those other colors.  like, really hard.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

<idiot in white house>

Do you really think that I'm not aware that our traditions don't mean squat to 99% of our alumni?

Our employees have even less allegiance, none at all, totally carefree beyond their paycheck.  Should we be allowing them to make decisions that alter our heritage? 

Continuously charging these windmills is not exactly thrilling and I've never taken an oath to preserve the traditions of this university. Emmitt, you tell me I'm fighting the wrong battle and I will give it up immediately.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Brute, do you really think that I'm not aware that our traditions don't mean squat to 99% of our alumni?

Our employees have even less allegiance, none at all, totally carefree beyond their paycheck.  Should we be allowing them to make decisions that alter our heritage?

Continuously charging these windmills is not exactly thrilling. I've never taken an oath to preserve the traditions of this university. Emmitt, you tell me I am fighting the wrong battle and I will give it up immediately.

You’re exactly right that we need to maintain our traditions, and don’t even get me started on the lack of required allegiance to North Texas’ well-being among AD staffers.  

Were it up to me, the all whites would be the only thing we wear on the road, and the green jerseys would be the every home game apparel.  I’d even discontinue the use of the flying worm because it was something like 10 logos ago (I notice the daffy eagle and clip art eagle don’t make “throwback” appearances).  

I just want to make sure you’re not driving yourself crazy in this crusade…especially if it is falling on deaf ears over on Bonnie Brae.  

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

You’re exactly right that we need to maintain our traditions, and don’t even get me started on the lack of required allegiance to North Texas’ well-being among AD staffers.  

Were it up to me, the all whites would be the only thing we wear on the road, and the green jerseys would be the every home game apparel.  I’d even discontinue the use of the flying worm because it was something like 10 logos ago (I notice the daffy eagle and clip art eagle don’t make “throwback” appearances).  

I just want to make sure you’re not driving yourself crazy in this crusade…especially if it is falling on deaf ears over on Bonnie Brae.  

Throwback gear is massive right now and UNT has totally missed the boat so far. The biggest player in college throwback gear, Homefield Apparel, has throwback lines for 150+ schools and unsurprisingly, UNT is not one of them.  We have a plethora of cool throwback logos, but for some reason UNT doesn't want to profit off any of them besides the flying worm. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I hope you're not looking for green North Texas Nike gear. There ain't much out there. 

The Pantone of green that we use is commonly referred to as kelly green or Irish green. Nike does make a ton of products in this shade as both Oregon and Marshall use the same green and are both exclusively Nike customers.

Where North Texas has a problem is that somebody "accidentally" listed black as an official color on our branding site, when it is clearly listed as approved only as a tertiary color approved only of outlines and for branding usage in balack and white printed items.

It's far easier to locate black textiles than green ones, and our traditions were soon the victim of the laziness of people that couldn't give a crap. This laziness is why Voertman's has foregone having a symbiotic relationship with North Texas and relied for decades entirely as a parasite. They'll grab any quick buck but will put zero effort into benefitting the school.

Rally House does make an effort, but they are still restricted by their suppliers seeing black, white, green on our branding site. Colosseum Sportswear, a major supplier to Rally House and Fanatics Sports have sadly both been deceived into believing that black is our predominant school color.

• Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, ADLER said:

One fact to remember when investing in spirit gear: North Texas has only two school colors: GREEN and WHITE

All other colors are wrong, and they detract from school spirit and water down everybody's game day experience, including yours.

image.jpeg.3d3cefeb369f1e331692c82b26eb445c.jpeg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ADLER said:

The Pantone of green that we use is commonly referred to as kelly green or Irish green. Nike does make a ton of products in this shade as both Oregon and Marshall use the same green and are both exclusively Nike customers.

Where North Texas has a problem is that somebody "accidentally" listed black as an official color on our branding site, when it is clearly listed as approved only as a tertiary color approved only of outlines and for branding usage in balack and white printed items.

It's far easier to locate black textiles than green ones, and our traditions were soon the victim of the laziness of people that couldn't give a crap. This laziness is why Voertman's has foregone having a symbiotic relationship with North Texas and relied for decades entirely as a parasite. They'll grab any quick buck but will put zero effort into benefitting the school.

Rally House does make an effort, but they are still restricted by their suppliers seeing black, white, green on our branding site. Colosseum Sportswear, a major supplier to Rally House and Fanatics Sports have sadly both been deceived into believing that black is our predominant school color.

I don't agree with your hatred of black apparel. I have a large amount of black UNT gear. It does nothing to distract from traditions or school spirit. 

That said, I will agree with you that the vast majority of our apparel should be green. Sadly, that hasn't been the case the past few years. You're putting a lot of blame on Nike and Voertman's when a major chunk lies with UNT. They could put a lot more pressure on vendors to order more green gear, but they just don't care. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I could be wrong on this but I originally thought that the black was for shading only.  In other words green numbers could be framed in black as could white numbers.  But, remembering Dickey's farewell appearance in those cheap black jerseys, I want to throw up when we dress in black.  Even when we wear green pants with black jerseys they do the names in green and I can hardly read any names with good binoculars.  I like to know the name of the player who made a good tackle or got a block that sprung a back for a good gain.  

In the old days, every player had a different number.  Of course that was plenty when you played both ways.  Now so many numbers are duplicated that it's nearly impossible to remember the number of each player on offense and defense.  

I might bend a little if black piping were used as a highlight only but otherwise stick to GREEN and WHITE.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

I just made a big haul at Rally House.  In Frisco, you have two Rally House options:  inside Stonebriar and the shopping center just north of the Stonebriar (Target shopping center).

Free shipping on orders over $100 via the website.  The downside of Rally House is that everything is usually full price in my experience.  Not too many bargains to be had.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ADLER said:

One fact to remember when investing in spirit gear: North Texas has only two school colors: GREEN and WHITE

AMEN ADLER!!

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Throwback gear is massive right now and UNT has totally missed the boat so far. The biggest player in college throwback gear, Homefield Apparel, has throwback lines for 150+ schools and unsurprisingly, UNT is not one of them.  We have a plethora of cool throwback logos, but for some reason UNT doesn't want to profit off any of them besides the flying worm. 

There's a throwback shirt available through TeePublic roughly based on the

DMN's SWC cartoonist Bill McClanahan's NTSC "Odus Mitchell" eagle. 

image.jpeg.f0c260adeced1a48ae9846f4c893f051.jpeg

And another based on the 1960's version with interlocked NT

Vintage North Texas "mean Green" Eagles Mascot T-shirt | North-texas

And a Rally House green game day appropriate ...

North Texas Mean Green Green Vintage Worm Short Sleeve T Shirt product image 1 of 3 slides

or gray for housework Flying Worm

North Texas Mean Green Grey Vintage Worm Helmet Short Sleeve Fashion T Shirt product image 1 of 2 slides

Row One Brand even makes some late 60's vintage items based on the giant Fouts Eagle that faced I-35 for 30 years

Vintage North Texas State University Eagles Tee product image 1 of 1 slide

And a variety of obsolete logos to print and iron on can be downloaded.

University of North Texas - Here's to evolution! Take a look at a few of our UNT branded logos over the years. Which one is your favorite? 📸: Texas Football Life | Facebook

University of North Texas - Here's to evolution! Take a look at a few of  our UNT branded logos over the years. Which one is your favorite? 📸: Texas  Football Life | Facebook

University of North Texas - Here's to evolution! Take a look at a few of our UNT branded logos over the years. Which one is your favorite? 📸: Texas Football Life | Facebook

Philadelphia Eagles logo iron on transfers, Philadelphia Eagles t shirt transfers, Philadelphia Eagles vinyl fabric transfers, Philadelphia Eagles custom iron ons

The University of North Texas Mean Green Eagles - ScoreStream

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on heat transfer|North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on transfer.png|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on heat  transfer|North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on  transfer.png|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on heat transfer|North Texas Mean Green 1995-2004 Secondary Logo diy iron on transfer.png|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green Logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

Unt Tb - North Texas Mean Green - Free Transparent PNG Clipart Images Download

Unt Tb - North Texas Mean Green - Free Transparent PNG Clipart Images  Download

Unt Tb - North Texas Mean Green - Free Transparent PNG Clipart Images Download

North Texas Mean Green 1973-1983 Primary Dark Logo iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300156|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1973-1983 Primary Dark Logo iron on transfers for  clothing|IRONON202204300156|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1973-1983 Primary Dark Logo iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300156|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2005 Secondary Logo v2 iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300166|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2005 Secondary Logo v2 iron on transfers for  clothing|IRONON202204300166|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 1995-2005 Secondary Logo v2 iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300166|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 2003-2005 Mascot Logo iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300173|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 2003-2005 Mascot Logo iron on transfers for  clothing|IRONON202204300173|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green 2003-2005 Mascot Logo iron on transfers for clothing|IRONON202204300173|North Texas Mean Green iron ons

North Texas Mean Green - Wikipedia

Favorite UNT Logos/Traditions? - Page 2 - Mean Green Football - GoMeanGreen.com

Favorite UNT Logos/Traditions? - Page 2 - Mean Green Football -  GoMeanGreen.com

Favorite UNT Logos/Traditions? - Page 2

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1