Looks like UNT got a commit or 2

TheReal_jayD

I'm not too familiar with our O-line situation. I know Mose's eligibility is over but is there anybody else I'm forgetting? I realize depth is a good thing. Just wondering since I'd thought we'd hear more on the QB and DB front.

To add, this is me assuming at least one of these commitments is an OL.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm not too familiar with our O-line situation. I know Mose's eligibility is over but is there anybody else I'm forgetting? I realize depth is a good thing. Just wondering since I'd thought we'd hear more on the QB and DB front.

To add, this is me assuming at least one of these commitments is an OL.

I think Carroll graduated although he still has eligibility left, but I don't know if he intends to play or not.  I think the same for Cole Brown.  If they stay, we will only have to replace one position and Moreka played quite a bit, so we have quit a bit of experience returning.

Winning in the trenches is  still the route to go, so adding quality players is never a bad thing.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I think Carroll graduated although he still has eligibility left, but I don't know if he intends to play or not.  I think the same for Cole Brown.  If they stay, we will only have to replace one position and Moreka played quite a bit, so we have quit a bit of experience returning.

Winning in the trenches is  still the route to go, so adding quality players is never a bad thing.

Mose has used his eligibility (unfortunately), and Cole Brown is still pending knee surgery from the injury suffered at UTSA in the regular season game. 

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

You're absolutely right that winning football starts in the trenches on both sides. Just didn't feel our OL was a weakness moving forward but also didn't know the eligibility statuses of the guys who played this past season. At the same time, solid depth is always important. We're just seemingly so low on open scholarships that I'm surprised to see so many offers go out to offensive linemen.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

We are going old school. Instead of posting online, we will have to buy a paper or call a number to find out who signed with us.

OHHHH, can we do a hotline and have the Fake Michael Irvin read off our recruits?

Edited by Rudy
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

OHHHH, can we do a hotline and have the Fake Michael Irvin read off out recruits?

I don't know but I hear that it's currently "closed".

I hope you read that in Michael Irvin's voice. I would 100% be behind that. Maybe we can give Jub a call and ask lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Why in the world is Brown's knee surgery still pending this far down the road?

Something to do with being cleared in order to have the procedure. Read into that as you may, but that's likely something that the orthopedic staff doesn't like so they won't operate on his leg until it is fixed.