MTSU (1/7/23)

Big Z

21 hours ago, aztecskin said:

We are staying in Nashville. We'll be there tomorrow Section O Row 17 (and I'll dip down to the media section) 

Went to the game tonight and wow, it seemed like a really bad day to be a mean green fan at first. But like everyone else, I figured I'd they could get it under ten by half it'd be a game.

Then CMJ hit the nail on the head, it became our game. All the fans around us were frustratedly screaming for the raiders to shoot the ball. What a game, what a finish!

• Upvote 6

NOS is Nitrous Oxide Solutions…a system installed is race cars to send oxygen rich pressurized air into the carburetor.  It is an on demand system where the operator pushes a button and activates the “boost”. So hitting the NOS meant to step on the gas and go “turbo” mode. 
Brought to you by a boomer!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

The guys got jumped at the start, but adjusted and fought back to make it a game by halftime. I felt good about where we were at halftime, and was confident about our team after the start of the 2nd half. MT had to know they weren't going to win once we took the lead. 

Completely agree with your take here - it was also impressive to see coach Mac work through the bench with different groups to counter MT. Because we were Swiss cheese at the start of the game.

9 hours ago, aztecskin said:

I asked about the tactics and strategy and they said a lot if it was just playing with more energy. Mac said getting into the game with the rhythm and making small effort plays was the difference. “They won every loose ball early and we started to win those in that end of the first half” 

I noticed we were giving the ball away almost the entire first half. Getting the ball poked and striped too easily. Glad we swung it back the other way - which is more our style.

Time to keep tabs with the Bracketologists.  Besides these and Lunardi, are there any others we should know about?

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/2023/01/06/bracketology-kansas-leads-field-amid-shake-ups/
....has FAU as a 12 seed in the South.  We are not even on their bubble (nor any other CUSA team.  something smells)

https://www.t3bracketology.com/post/bracketology-update-1-7
...FAU as an 8.  North Texas is "under consideration"

On 1/7/2023 at 5:39 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

I hope @ADLER isn’t watching 

Oh, Adler was watching. It was a miraculous comeback required to overcome a horrendously bad decision.

We're down 19 points in the first 14 minutes of a game playing against somebody we're expected to beat.

image.jpeg.8e0a5100cda8bca6d54e901396331a8d.jpeg

You would have to be pretty oblivious to not notice that we play horribly when wearing the trash bags. This time we were eventually able to come back and overcome the mistake, but, like in seasons past, the garbage bags have an established history of keeping us out of the NCAA Tournament. Why take this incredibly stupid risk?

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1